Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP need positive vibes just been prescribed this med

Re: HELP need positive vibes just been prescribed this med

Hi avasmummy. I sincerely hope that this is the med for you. My experience is detailed in the 'new to pregabalin' thread but its been a good med for me with mijimal side effects compared with some others. I fely better two days after starting on 3x50 per day. The key is, finding your ideal dose. Ive gone up to 400 4x100 per day, and I feel like I need to increase. Which is frustrating but hopefully I'll find it soon.

Hello ava,
    My experience of starting on 75mg once a day increasing to twice a day is that side effects have been minimal and anxiety levels marginally reduced, will now be increasing further to see how it goes from there.

Still too scared to take this med omg!! Stopped my diazepam as I've been on it for 2weeks and don't know if I'm having withdrawals or if my anxiety is just infact getting worse as I don't have that to take the edge off now. I've still got 12 5mg tabs left and was told I can take them with the pregabalin if I find it gives me side effects. Problem is I've already been on diazepam and I'm very scared of addiction as these are my miracle drug. Which makes me reluctant to take with the pregabalin.

All your comments are super comforting that it will work and actually make me feel better right away which makes me want to but something is just stopping me?! Today is day 3 with no diaz and I've got awful depersonalization and noise sensitivity but once again I doubt I'd have bad withdrawals only being on it two weeks x

Hello,I've been on pregabalin for two years now and its saved my life.
    My cpn says its a clean drug.I've tried most ads over the years and even tho pregabalin isn't a ad its been the most effective ,usefull med I've ever had.I know everyone reacts differentlly but give it a go.nothing to lose and maybe a lot to gain.take care

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Take it!!! You are on this board for our support and that is what we will do as best we can.......... but stop fannying around and get on with it You will be fine and it will be better than diazepam in the long run...

Sarah

I'm having some breakfast and taking my first dose today. Done with feeling how I feel waking up anxious every morning and it lasting all day. Started with derealiseation with the intrusive thoughts now so I need to break the cycle and thoughts.

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

I've done it. May be lunchtime but had my first tablet. Will let you know how I get on. Seem to be feeling like my throats closing and it's hard to breathe hope it fades soon x
    Last edited by Avasmummy_x; 18-11-14 at 14:02.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

I felt exactly the same when I took my first dose!!! In fact I made one of the trained resuscitation nurses sit with me for the first hour just in case....I was fine and then felt a little drunk but euphoric and talkative. BUT my anxiety was gone!!!

Keep posting

Sarah

Been about 2hours since I took it and I do feel surprisingly calm atm which is nice. Almost feel like I do when I take a diazepam calm and sleepy. First hour was very scary felt like my throat was closing like I said and thought I was having an allergic reaction tbh! But seems to have settled now hoping it was just the anxiety of taking that first dose x

Really glad you've started it. It sounds like you've had the immediate relief that I experienced. Great isn't it

Good to hear it's being positive so far.

Keep us updated - we're all interested to hear how you get on!

Albert

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information