Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP need positive vibes just been prescribed this med

Re: HELP need positive vibes just been prescribed this med

Not doing 'too' well now. After a few hours I felt very 'drunk' even stumbling about and some depersonalisation. It then calmed after about an hour or two and now again I'm feeling very detached and can feel myself getting anxious because of that. About to take my night time dose so hoping it just knocks me out tbh as this detached feeling is horrible. Did anyone else experience this drunk and detached/derealisation side effect? I don't feel like I'm here I feel very numb and my eyes feel so heavy and drunk x
    Last edited by Avasmummy_x; 18-11-14 at 20:42.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Yes this is perfectly normal in the first few days.

Sarah

Well I slept pretty well only woke up once in the night. Normally on anti ds I suffer terrible insomnia and can't sleep for days so that is definitely a plus. I am getting side effects but willing to put up with them as there nowhere near as bad as anti d side effects. Woke up ok this morning normally I have terrible morning anxiety that sets me off for the day and today is was nowhere near as bad so it is definitely making the anxiety more bearable. Just had my breakfast and my morning dose so gonna stick with the same times so gonna take at 10-3-9 see how I get on mainly with the drunk and detached feeling that was not pleasant at all last night. My daughter was talking to me and I didn't feel all there or the energy to talk back which is not good. On a whole though the anxiety is definitely lower don't have the euphoric feeling though that I see most people had I feel whacked out if anything!

I think that is good news! If you feel whacked out then take a nap

If Only I could! I'm moving house this weekend so super busy packing and I have a 2year old that will not allow me to nap haha. Feeling so drunk and not with it all day can't wait for this side effect to wear off it's making packing much harder x

Keep going. It sounds like it's helping so far. Don't worry about the euphoria thing or lack of - I didn't get this - I didn't really get the drunk thing either - I just felt normal, which was a big improvement from feeling awful. Normal is good! Getting good sleep is an enormous help too, though less noticeable in a way.

Remember: Pregabalin is a very clever, relatively new (but very well tested) medicine that appears to work for the majority of users - take a look at the reviews here:

http://www.drugs.com/comments/pregab...-disorder.html

Statistically, it should help you. Hopefully, it will.

Albert

Can I ask how long everyone has been on the med? And if it is meant for long term use? As it does appear to be working as I've woke to with hardly any morning anxiety again which is great.

I have been taking pregabalin for about four years, and doctors seem happy to keep prescribing it. It's been the best thing I've had for anxiety over literally decades.

Remember, moving house is up there as one of the most stressful things you can do in life... so your levels of anxiety will be pretty high anyway.... keep going... we are all here to support

sarah

Hanshan fab. That's all I wanted to know that it is a long term med as it is making my anxiety bearable up to yet

Oh yes Sarah it is very stressful but I'm lucky I have a very good family that are helping me out loads! House is packed up now for moving Saturday and then I'm blitzing the house. Still feeling so drunk and detatched but I'm fighting through it. Anxiety levels are surprising low today despite the busyness had racing thoughts but other than that I'm pretty ok and coping. A few days ago I was a constant panic mess x

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information