Thread: My 3rd (or 4th) attempt with Pregabalin

My 3rd (or 4th) attempt with Pregabalin

Hi

Just started this again, the first few times didn't work out too well, but in need of something as anxiety getting out of control. Starting dose 150mg twice a day, so every 12 hours is best isn't it?

One question I have is, has anyone suffered upper stomach pain with this? Took my first yesterday and have pretty intense pain, possibly like an acid pain. I suffer with GERD anyway so not helpful but think its the Pregabalin that is making it feel a lot worse.

Also, does anyone know what pain killers you can take with this med? I am hoping I can take co-codamol but not sure if this is possible?

Hoping this journey is an easier one, they have in the past put me in a foul mood with people and made me feel generally unwell, but going to stick with them this time and hope for the best

Re: My 3rd (or 4th) attempt with Pregabalin

Hi Dazza,

I hope it works out for you this time.

I don't know of pregabalin causing stomach pain or worsened relations with other people - usually the reverse, but everyone reacts differently.

I'm sure most people can take aspirin / ibuprofen / paracetamol with pregabalin with no problem - there will always be some for whom the combination doesn't work, so take care. Medications with codeine may interact - exercise caution at first, but I doubt smallish amounts of codeine would be a problem, again, for most people. Anything stronger, consult your doctor or pharmacist.

Pregabalin has a short half life, so breaking up the dose into two or three times a day is recommended, especially at first, to stop the roller coaster effect - this may have been what was making you moody. On the other hand, you can weight the dose to that part of the day when you are usually most anxious.

Good luck this time.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Take after food is my advise. I take co-codamol when I need to and its fine.

Sarah

Thanks Hanshan, I will try the 12 hour approach and see how I do. I took 150mg at 9am and have felt quite elated for a couple of hours, but seem to be coming down a bit now so will take the other one at 9pm and see how I go. I took paracetamol, metoclopramide and ranitidine for the pain and it has eased a bit but will be back I imagine. This tablet is definitely less offensive that other AD's so just need to remind myself that it will get better and keep at it.

Sarah I will take after food, thanks, will have some toast at 9pm and take it then, also thanks for the advice, I did think it was ok to take low dose Co-codamol but wasn't sure so will take one with a paracetamol for when the stomach pain gets bad.

Feel a bit shaky today and odd, but going to have a lay down I think and maybe read a book to take my mind away from it. Haven't read a book for months so will make a nice change

Well, feeling a little unwell tonight, sort of aching, headache, pains in my chest which I had before when taking them so nothing to worry about, hand is hurting, a quick check informs me that most of this is side effects.

Quick question, as I am taking 2 per day, do I do it as 9am - 9pm etc, or does it not matter?

Its always a rollercoaster with ADs and this type of tablet isnt it, wish life could be just a little bit easier!!

Hmm - this is a bit odd, as Preg is used as a painkiller for certain things - Fibromoralgia (or however it's spelt) for one. Take it easy, especially with mixing drugs

Hi Dazza,

The unwell feeling in the evening might be because you are coming down from the 9.00 am dose.

Try taking the evening dose earlier with food - the effects will start a bit earlier, but also be slowed by the food.

I bet as soon as the patent on pregabalin expires and generics come on the market, Pfizer will bring out some kind of extended / slow release product.

Mixing does worry me Albert, but they are prescription drugs so I would hope it is ok, oddly they are not working as a pain killer for me at all.

Hanshan I will start taking them at tea time then, I had an awful panic attack at 1am this morning, so had to take diazepam, which I hate, but it was needed, I then woke the other half and we went to McDonalds and had food, my excuse was getting out might ease the panic, the burger and fries was just a bonus

Still in pain today, sort of a weird burning pain all around the chest, but it does come and go and I did have it last time I took pregab so it couldnt be anything serious, maybe its just setting off my stomach acid :( Need to remind myself that it will get better and just hope for the best eh.

Hi Dazza,

I don't want to go off-topic and get into food, but you have stomach troubles and you went to MacDonalds at 1.00 am for burgers and fries?

I'm no foodie, but I can't remember the last time I ate a hamburger, chips or pizza. It must have been at least a year ago, maybe two or three.

If you have stomach problems, burgers and fries are not the way to go. You can't blame it all on pregabalin.

Thread Information