Thread: 3 weeks on Mirtazapine, feeling rubbish!

3 weeks on Mirtazapine, feeling rubbish!

Hi All

New here, sort of, I did have an account before but I can't remember my login..and it doesn't recognise my email...

Anyway, I was on Citalopram for 12+ years and came off back in the summer to see if my sex drive returned, it did! Unfortunately following a relationship breakup so did my anxiety/depression and I started Mirtazapine 3 weeks ago.

Side effects haven't been so bad, very tired on 15mg, headaches for a couple of days, stepping up to 30 I've noticed an increased appetite and vivid dreams, I also had the head zap thing for a while.

I did one week of 15mg which I think improved my anxiety a little and then stepped up to 30 for the last 13 days and I'm still feeling really low, should I give it more time? I keep reading about people who felt so much better after a few days to a week!

Finding it really hard feeling so flat all the time interspersed with crying bouts, how the hell did it all get so bad?! I want the old 'me' back..

I guess I just needed to write my thoughts down in a place where people might understand how it feels..

Paul

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: 3 weeks on Mirtazapine, feeling rubbish!

Definitely give it a couple more weeks at 30mg Paul. You should feel benefits by then. It doesn't always work so quickly with everyone so try to ignore the "Worked miracles in two days!" brigade. Stay positive.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I'd definitely give it some more time - especially if you are getting the brain zaps, vivid dreams and increased appetite. It shows that mirtazapine is doing something, and improved mood should follow, but it may be delayed by a couple of weeks.

Thanks guys, nice to know i'm not alone, certainly feels like it a lot of the time!
    Still feeling pretty low but determined to stick it out and come out the other side

I am in the same situation as you Paulall77, how did it go for you in the end?

Thread Information