Thread: Guardian Witness

Guardian Witness

Hi, I have an article on the Guardian Witness site. ('Bullied out of Teaching). They are always looking for people to share their experiences and are open to suggestions for topics, so it is worth a look. I hope I have signposted a few people to here.

https://witness.theguardian.com/assi...b02fdc83de836f

Re: Guardian Witness

I just wanted to say to you, its not an isolated issue. I have a member of my family who worked in a school for years that did passed OFSTED standards but still experienced a programme of 'managing out' anyone who was willing stand up for themselves and say when something was wrong. It wasn't just teachers either, there was attempts to pull the rug from under cleaning contracts and attempts at bullying them as there was an assumption they would not be aware of their rights or less likely to press for them.

I'm sure I've heard of similiar issues within local government as well so it was interesting to see a story from another user about it.

Its one of the reasons why I have never worked in the public sector and never will. Laws are not very useful when you have to contend with sneaky behaviour. I've been a manager myself and seen the tricks that can be used to make people hate their workplace, a little dig here & there, giving out the crappy jobs, talking behind backs & sniggering and if you suffer anxiety, triggering people becomes much easier.

I hope you are rebuilding your life and can put all this behind you. This type of behaviour goes in in the private sector as well, seen it many times within my last workplace, but I find its best to remove such negative people from your mind otherwise they prevent you recovering and living the life you deserve.

Re: Guardian Witness

Thank you. Yes, I am putting it behind me, although I'm currently waiting on a reference and am out of work until they cough one up. Still, I focus on the fact that whatever life brings right now, it's better than being in that place!!

A Guardian reporter has written to ask permission to use my article as one of the ones in an article she's writing, so that's good.

Thread Information