Thread: Just joined

Just joined

Hey guys, new here.

I had my first ever panic attack in the summer after cracking my neck on the middle of the night (giving me a huge adrenaline rush according to the hospital the next day). Months later (middle of October) I had my second attack whilst getting into bed at night which lasted about 10 minutes. Third attack happened last week, felt like a full on heart attack, I was on my own so called 999.. Was taken to hospital via ambulance, they did a blood test and monitored my heart for a few hours before giving me the all clear.

Since the third attack I have had one or two attacks daily and am constantly on edge. Heart palpitations, cold flushes on my chest, sharp jabbing pains where my heart is, headaches, shaking.. The works.

This is all completely new to me, I understand most of my daily panic attacks most probably anticipatory attacks from over thinking and worrying. But the attacks are getting bigger and badder. I've started using a little bach's rescue remedy which helps at the first sign of an attack but will just make it worse if I'm too far "in".

Anxiety and panic is BOO.

Re: Just joined

Hi David and welcome to the forum. Sorry you're feeling so bad just now but like alot of us panic sufferes, it usually has to be worse before it get s better. Your system has probably now become super sensitive which is why the panics are just below the surface. Because panic feels so awful, you dread the next one coming along and so your system is now on constant alert...which will then contribute to another panic, so a viscious circle. Its not easy to relax about it I know, and I still have panic attacks from time to time if i'm in a situation that provokes them.

Try to think about them in a different way, that they are in fact part of a normal nervous system and would help you if you where in danger and had to either fight or run. Its just that sometimes our nervous system gets it a bit wrong and thinks just turning over in bed means danger! Anyway, its not easy to overcome, it takes time to rethink panics so you're in good company here with people who know how it feels. Take care.

ISB

Hiya and welcome to NMP

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

It is a shock to the system at first but it's not anything you can't learn to deal with in time. Lots of great tips and stuff on here to help you alone I'm sure

Thread Information