Thread: Tired

Tired

Please will somebody talk to me.

Every year, just before Christmas, the health anxiety rears it's ugly head and spoils everything. BUT, what if it's the real thing this year.

A couple of weeks ago I had a couple of heart thuds while at the gym. That was ok and then I thought my head was shaking a bit. Googled Parkinson's. Seems perhaps not. Then started the other symptoms:

Chest pain
    Back pain - upper
    Kidney pain
    Stomach pain
    Light headed
    Clammy hands sometimes, feeling sweaty
    Gassy

I've been on Citalopram for years.

I keep all of this to myself. My family have no idea the suffering I go through. As far as they're concerned 'mum is fine'. But mum is spending every secret waking moment googling her troubles.
    Hate going to doctor. I've just moved surgeries and feel I have to start all over again with a doctor that doesn't understand me.

How can I make it go away? I adore christmas and here's this underlying sense of 'this will be my last, if indeed I make it that far'.
    Last edited by Elf8888; 17-11-14 at 20:03.

Re: Tired

Thank you for answering.
    No, my new doctor is unaware of my anxieties and to be honest, we so many symptoms, I don't know what to say. What's worse?
    Is it back and shoulder oain or stomach or kidney or is it my head? Not sure I'd know where to start.

Re: Tired

HI Elf,
    Christmas is on the radar so here come your symptoms. You have no more wron with you than you had last year and the year before. This can only spoil Christmas if you let it. Get a piece of paper, make a plan, practice CBT . Your dragon has waited till November to turn up and get a massive feed - a Christmas gorge- don't let it this year. Starve it by using all your strength to practice rational thought. Believe me it feels good and you start getting a buzz. You gain some control at a time when as a busy mum you can feel a bit out of control Lucia

Thread Information