Thread: please help... mind worries.. crazy?

please help... mind worries.. crazy?

Recently I've just not been feeling myself and I don't know how to get back.

I can't stop thinking I'm going crazy. I spend so much of my day thinking it, overworking my brain trying to concentrate. Now I've lost the line between anxiety and actual madness!

Symptoms include:

Finding it hard to concentrate
    Sometimes my brain feeling full, sometimes empty
    major brain fog.
    tripping over my words, getting confused
    flipping between emotions - crying one minute, agitated and angry the next
    can't feel happy even though I've got lovely things coming up soon - like Christmas festivities etc.

I've been taking the mini pill for six months which I've heard can cause anxiety/depression - i already had anxiety so I guess it could just make it worse?

I'm at my wits end - please help. I need some comfort from fellow symptom sufferers.

Are these just anxiety symptoms or something more? I'm too scared to go to the docs, but it's all i think about. :(

peaceandlove.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

forgot to add that I'm absolutely shattered allll the time and sensitive to noise. I'm finding it so hard to concentrate at work. I'm a copywriter and proofer and all the words are just sending me over the edge :(

Re: please help... mind worries.. crazy?

I was recently on the mini pill for a month, until last week when I was suddenly overcome with horrendous mood swings/depression, to the point where I felt horrendous, couldn't find any motivation to do anything, couldn't bear the noise my children were making etc. I felt nauseous and couldn't eat - I felt really anxious at times.
    As soon as I Googled the pill name and read other people's experiences that were identical to mine, I stopped taking it and now I feel absolutely fine again.

It could be that you are simply suffering from anxiety and depression - the symptoms you describe are text book - or maybe the Pill has heightened everything to a tipping point.
    I would talk to your GP and consider stopping the Pill, before thinking about trying antidepressants - it could simply be hormones making you feel so bad.

thank you chickpea - I've got a horrid feeling it's that too. I mean, it does have other amazing benefits - but my anxiety has never been so bad as it has been recently.
    thank you for taking the time to read this, honey xx

You're welcome.
    Out of interest, which Pill are you on?

Thread Information