Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone eles stuck in doors all day with nothing to do

anyone eles stuck in doors all day with nothing to do

My new flat isall decorated and now im stuck in all day with nothing to do all day,anyone eles in this situation,what do you do in doors all day

Re: anyone eles stuck in doors all day with nothing to do

Well done on getting it finished Did you contact that number again about the support groups? That would give you some where to go.
    I do craft activities to keep me occupied at home. Good to get out in the fresh air though so try to get out for a walk every day.

I'm a stay at home mum, except my children are both in school so I'm home alone.
    I spend my days walking my dogs, baking, reading, on Pinterest, going to the library, cleaning and tidying, doing all the usual house stuff etc. I used to go running 3 or 4 times a week, and have done yoga, Pilates, adult education courses, been on the school PTA etc.

How about joining your local library? Or looking into adult education classes - have you got any particular interests?
    What about the cinema? I sometimes go in the day and it's good - not hugely busy but not empty either.

Yes,

I try to walk once a day to get some fresh air and I also read a lot. Maybe there is a hobby that you want to do but havent got around to doing?

Annie that number i rang got back to me and there are services for me but none local and require bus service which i just can not afford.i do walk into town once a day takes up a couple of hrs but thats it,then back to the flat for the rest of the day and night,no hobbies that im interested in,im a very fidgity person really cant sit still for long,my local collage is shut at the moment for referb,if it was summer i could spend longer days out in the sun,even the local charity shop hear has nothing for me,feel stuck and dont want to get fed up with my flat by spending far to much time in it,,,its spotless and as its just me in it theres not much house work to do really,,i dont read,i wish i did but have never really been able to get into a book,,dont know what to do with myself,

I don't know if anything on here would be more local for you? http://www.do-it.org.uk/search/oppor...ce=1&unit=mile

Thanks annie ill have a look into this,

Hi Greg - have you thought about setting up a blog? I think writing really helps my anxiety and I'm thinking of maybe starting one as well.

Volunteering is a really good idea. It can be hard to do stuff on your own when you are depressed, even if you are normally interested in it.

I feel the same but for different reasons Greg, since I have retired. I worked as a Gp's secretary for some years and now find i'm lost with empty days to fill. Then again, i'm an adaptable person...was a nightclub singer before I started having children and went from that into administration jobs which was necessary to pay the bills. But I miss my colleagues and my responsibilities in a job I was good at but which somebody else now does. It's hard to adjust, but I have to find a way to deal with it, and I agree with the volunteering side of life, and am looking into this for myself at the moment.

Its so lovely to know you have your flat...your own place to be is important. Put the kettle on and I'll come and have a brew with you ok? I'll bring the cakes

ISB x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information