Thread: numb chin syndrome... terrified

numb chin syndrome... terrified

For the last three months i have had numbness in*chin, cheek, jaw which has now lead to pain in*chin. All day everyday for like 3 months. Also ear ache.

I know causes all this but could it be possible to have these symptoms ALL DAY, EVERYDAY?? For three months? Google says numb chin syndrome means you have advanced cancer and are going to die.

I've been a wreck. Depressed. Sad. Convinced everything I see is a "sign" that I am going to die.

Anyone had this... like continuously for a long time? Can this just be anxiety?!

Re: numb chin syndrome... terrified

I've had the same symptoms off and on for over a year now. Just went to the doctors about it last week and it said it was just nerve pain and prescribed me anti seizure meds to help relax them. I've also been worried about it but doc doesn't seem concerned at all. Hopefully it goes away soon!

Thank you for the reply. I completely understand that anxiety causes these symptoms but I'm just concerned that its been all day, everyday for 3 months. I went to the doctor and he was so rude, didnt listen to anything I said, called me a "basket case" and tried to prescribe me 6 prescriptions after only 15 minutes.

This is crazy and just shows how health anxiety can grab you...

Around a month ago I all of a sudden thought at work that my chin felt numb. I didn't Google it and it just went away.

After reading this last night I am in total panic all I can think about now is that my chin lips and cheeks feel numb it's driving me crazy yet before I read this I felt normal now it's all I can think about ������

Thread Information