Thread: 1st experience of depersonalisation

1st experience of depersonalisation

had an awful night couldnt sleep after i suddenly started feeling unreal.jumbled thoughts and then paniced because i hadnt had a panic.would you believe it !!

started feeling i wasnt me and who am i etc and questioning my thoughts and feelings and my head felt so strange.my head still feels heavy and wierd

it was so wierd and scarey.i then read up about feelign like i was going mad and read about depersonalisation so im concluding this iswhat was happenign to me

ive been mega stressed for 3 weeks and even when i stopped having panic attacks felt on edge all the time

is this perhaps why this happened to me ?

Re: 1st experience of depersonalisation

Hi Bramble,
    I know how you feel. I just replied to another post on here. It's really frightening isn't it? It sounds like you know your stress is causing this. You can get through this, when you do, you need to remember not to let yourself get so stressed in the future.
    I had a really bad day yesterday, but today I feel much better. It seems to pass. I am using mindfulness meditation. Have you visited Mind? They run classes on mindfulness, CBT etc. I've been to a good class there, and also had a one to one which really helped.

Thread Information