Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mother with OCD?

Hi Abby,

You are completely in the right and your Mum is using you to as a shield to project her own many anxieties and insecurities onto.
    She also wants the constant company and tries to use security and potential danger as a threat to keep you closer by her.

You do not have the problem- she does and as we already know she does have some deep seated problems. You cannot cure these for her and she doesn't want to address them herself either- so you're geting all the flack .

You need to continue having your times out and getting on with your life.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

thanks meg
    but how can i healthily handle her ringing me all the time when i am out- every half hour begging me to come home and not be late- ive tried not answering - but its the log pile of messages from her that is getting to me
    i cant seem to sleep anymore- i feel like im going over the edge- having to be happy and normal in my work life and coming home to her and the constant mess and madness- for want of a better term!

x

Hi Abby

You had a night out and broke no rules hon. You need time to yourself and if you mum finds that hard it isnt your fault.

You dont deserve and didnt deserve how she treated you when you came in. You cant be there for her 24 hours, 7 days a week and you stick by that as you need your life.

It would be easy to be swallowed up by her dependance but you have done the right thing bailing out and taking your time which you need.

As hard as it might seem dont give in to her, and it does seem you can see that, so keep doing your own thing, as you really need to.

You have given her so much support, which i admire you for so dont let her take it all away from you.

I know she is your mum and you want to be there night and day for her, but you are you and need your time. Whether you are there all the time or have breaks it wont make a difference to how she is, so to cope with her take you time hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information