Thread: Night sweats every night, clammy hands during the day

Night sweats every night, clammy hands during the day

What does it all mean?

I've been getting night sweats almost every night for the past 3 weeks. They vary in intensity. Last night was quite a bad one.
    All day I have clammy hands and my pulse races. I daren't test it as I'm too scared. God knows what its really like at rest as each time I check, I'm probably an anxious mess.

Got a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I'm desperately trying not to google in the mean time. I know my blood pressure will go through the roof when they test it as I'm very very anxious about it at the moment and I think I have white coats.

I am sure he or she will probably send me for blood tests and the usual. I might ask for an ecg to put my mind at rest as I've never had one before. Although I might have once in a&e, I can't remember. I'm sure I did. This was a while ago though.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Night sweats every night, clammy hands during the day

You have posted about this before so maybe you should look back at your replies there. It sounds like you are getting more anxious which will make the symptoms worse.

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Just a thought, do you take antidepressants as it can be a side effect of those. It can also just be 'normal'

Re: Night sweats every night, clammy hands during the day

Stress and anxiety can cause night sweats because often stress results in restless sleep. Night sweats can be caused by a number of things - only very rarely are night sweats ever an indicator of lymphoma. You need to have a good discussion with your doctor about your night sweats and your fears about them. They may be able to give you some good information to help ease your anxiety.

Thread Information