Thread: What do you do when someone says you're worthless..?

What do you do when someone says you're worthless..?

...And they're right about everything they say? I'm not naming names here; I'm worried they'll spot this and figure me out, but I feel I need to say this here where it's best to. I feel I was put on the world as a deity's idea of fun, just to see how many ways they can make a single human being be humiliated.

- I have no talents. All things I've tried have either failed or are so pathetically simple they aren't talents.

- I am stupid. In every aspect, even hobbies like video games, I am stupid. I fall for the same tricks again and again, and I lack any kind of social smarts or general knowledge.

- I am terrible at what I love to do. I want to work in a zoo, but I seem to know next to nothing about animals at all. There's just a handful I want to work with really. I was fired from A VOLUNTARY JOB because I was THAT bad at it. THAT bad after trying to get through a degree course and only managing it because the lecturers practically held my hand through it all.

- No matter what I do, a hundred-thousand people at least 10 years younger than me can do it better (I'm 23). I do not contribute anything to the world in any way, shape or form.

- I am still single, whereas the rest of my family was married by my age. Partly because I am homosexual (the family doesn't really approve of it), a geeky nerd (right down to the dumb voice and glasses) and a furry, so local society already things I should stay in the basement.

- I can't even pull off the world's most simple job properly (I work on a till and make at least one big mistake every single time).

- I'm not a good hearted person no matter how much I worry about it. In fact I'm probably the epitome of evil. I frequently hurt people and lie and show greed and laziness. I keep too many dark secrets. I do too few good deeds compared to the bad I do - I will probably be sent to hell if it exists, especially because I have given up my belief in God. I have MAJOR sins to deal with that I cannot take back.

- I have a chronic illness (LPR reflux), but I deserve it. I fret about it every day when there are people far worse off than me. I have often said that I wish I had what they had, for the sake of relief from my pain, and have been called "evil" for saying such things. LPR has made me consider running into a busy road too many times for me to count.

- I frequently wish I could be struck down dead... and I've been told I wouldn't be missed.

As you can see I do not deserve to be alive. However to top of my faults, I lack the courage to hurt myself in any way. I have frequently thought of travelling to Switzerland to enlist some help in the idea, but I can't pull it off because I'm too talent-less to hold a job and earn the money to travel there. Therapy and medication doesn't help because I feel depressed at the fact I need therapy and medication, there are no cures for my LPR which is a major source of my depression, and I cannot change my past, so I know my sins will always be on my head. Most medication makes me even more depressed anyway. Talking to others doesn't help because I do it too often, and they tell me to "go outside and get a life."

Am I too worthless to go on? What good is someone who is only good at "pressing A to jump" anyway?
    Last edited by Orange Lightning; 22-11-14 at 21:07.

Re: What do you do when someone says you're worthless..?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Lightning View Post
    ...And they're right about everything they say? I'm not naming names here; I'm worried they'll spot this and figure me out, but I feel I need to say this here where it's best to. I feel I was put on the world as a deity's idea of fun, just to see how many ways they can make a single human being be humiliated.

- I have no talents. All things I've tried have either failed or are so pathetically simple they aren't talents.

- I am stupid. In every aspect, even hobbies like video games, I am stupid. I fall for the same tricks again and again, and I lack any kind of social smarts or general knowledge.

- I am terrible at what I love to do. I want to work in a zoo, but I seem to know next to nothing about animals at all. There's just a handful I want to work with really. I was fired from A VOLUNTARY JOB because I was THAT bad at it. THAT bad after trying to get through a degree course and only managing it because the lecturers practically held my hand through it all.

- No matter what I do, a hundred-thousand people at least 10 years younger than me can do it better (I'm 23). I do not contribute anything to the world in any way, shape or form.

- I am still single, whereas the rest of my family was married by my age. Partly because I am homosexual (the family doesn't really approve of it), a geeky nerd (right down to the dumb voice and glasses) and a furry, so local society already things I should stay in the basement.

- I can't even pull off the world's most simple job properly (I work on a till and make at least one big mistake every single time).

- I'm not a good hearted person no matter how much I worry about it. In fact I'm probably the epitome of evil. I frequently hurt people and lie and show greed and laziness. I keep too many dark secrets. I do too few good deeds compared to the bad I do - I will probably be sent to hell if it exists, especially because I have given up my belief in God. I have MAJOR sins to deal with that I cannot take back.

- I have a chronic illness (LPR reflux), but I deserve it. I fret about it every day when there are people far worse off than me. I have often said that I wish I had what they had, for the sake of relief from my pain, and have been called "evil" for saying such things. LPR has made me consider running into a busy road too many times for me to count.

- I frequently wish I could be struck down dead... and I've been told I wouldn't be missed.

As you can see I do not deserve to be alive. However to top of my faults, I lack the courage to hurt myself in any way. I have frequently thought of travelling to Switzerland to enlist some help in the idea, but I can't pull it off because I'm too talent-less to hold a job and earn the money to travel there. Therapy and medication doesn't help because I feel depressed at the fact I need therapy and medication, there are no cures for my LPR which is a major source of my depression, and I cannot change my past, so I know my sins will always be on my head. Most medication makes me even more depressed anyway. Talking to others doesn't help because I do it too often, and they tell me to "go outside and get a life."

Am I too worthless to go on? What good is someone who is only good at "pressing A to jump" anyway?
    You aren't worthless and nothing you have said has changed my opinion of that. Anyone that says they don't make mistakes at their job us lying, not everyone can excel at everything, there are always people better at things than you and often they are younger, hell I'm the oldest in my team and nowhere near the best, people much younger can do what is a struggle for me with no effort.

You need to talk this out with someone who will listen to you, could you talk to a family member?

We're all here to help! Keep posting.

Thread Information