Thread: 'Female' question.

'Female' question.

Hi guys,

So basically, I usually have a 30 day menstrual cycle, but it is occasionally 31 days and has even been 32. However last week I turned on day 34 (I had an awful few days thinking I wasn't going to turn at all and I was dying/infertile and so on).
    Needless to say I was relieved but still curious as I am 26 and have been regular for at least 7.5 years (since having my daughter). My periods are usually 5 days of flow, one off day and then a final day of a brownish colour (Sorry TMI), has been this way as long as I can remember.
    This year I noticed my periods are lighter than they used to be, I mentioned to the doctor and they said most women would be happy haha, so I'm guessing (hoping) that can be normal.
    This period was 3 days on one day off, final day brown (yesterday) so same as normal but shorter, but today I have had a small amount of light red (more than just a few spots but only once today. I am worried in case this is spotting and am freaking out now. I have googled and googled some more to see if this would be actual spotting or my period still but can't find any answers really. All I know is I am terrified of infertility and more so of Cancer and the likes.

Can anyone help ease my mind? Thanks in advance :-)

Any advice?

Re: 'Female' question.

I was a usual 28 day cycle then one random time I was 2 weeks late!! It finally arrived to my relief! But since then has been 30-31day cycle?! Go figure. I think as woman our bodies go through so many changes I'm also 26 and this happened a few months ago x

Thank you so much for replying. Do you think the light red today is still part of my period and therefore 'normal'?

we are all so different. But yes I have had similar just monitor it if it happens again take note then atleast you know when its happening it did happen just after your period so probably just that. but if your still concerned and it happens again just speak to your doctor. You can phone them and ask your doctor to call you back I'm sure it's fine.

I'm older, but it's quite common for me to have a few days of flow, then a day of nothing and then more bleeding.
    Also, my cycles were always all over the place until I had children. After that, they were 28 days clockwork, and then 24...and this year, they've been anywhere between 21 and 28.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you all so much I feel better now :-)
    Google scared me by saying red blood is more 'fresh' and usually at the start of the cycle. I will wait and see if this happens again and if so, mention it to the doctor next time I'm there (or ring if I don't fancy going). Thank you again for the speedy responses

Thread Information