Thread: Need to ask doors anyone get neck problems during anxiety????

Need to ask doors anyone get neck problems during anxiety????

OK ,I have a long history of depression/anxiety /panic etc, along with migraine and dizziness caused by inner ear issues. I won't go into details. But last year I had a bad bout of anxiety and panic attacks due to a inner ear flats up.it set it of basically.

Now for a year, I'm experiencing a major problem with my neck and taking to people, I'm OK for a while talking, but then I start to feel anxious especially if I do not know the person, then the back of my neck starts spasming/twitching/jerking It makes me feel weird, a kind of static/electric feeling in it also, like a short circuit. So Ill start to hold my neck,and rub it,,,I know people are wondering what I'm doing, as soon as I can get out the situation I will, and it will call down. I it's now at the point where if I see someone I know I ignore them as I start to know what's coming. I need to sort it out.

Anyone had this, and have any tips to tackle it as its taken over my life!

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Re: Need to ask doors anyone get neck problems during anxiety????

ABSOLUTELY YES! Its a very very normal symptom of anxiety just ask any chiropractor. if you can afford it go and see a good one! Mine is great and releases tension in my neck and upper back instantly!!!

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by SarahH View Post
    ABSOLUTELY YES! Its a very very normal symptom of anxiety just ask any chiropractor. if you can afford it go and see a good one! Mine is great and releases tension in my neck and upper back instantly!!!

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Because of the neck twitching spasm stuff my neck pains me also, I went to see a chiro end of last year for 7 sessions. It did help during the the session and after it, but only for a day or 2 it loosened it. Glad it's normal symptom. Its a real problem for me. I need to sort it out very soon.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

SEVEN sessions!!!!
    A good chiropractor should take only 3 or 4. Go to another one. See if your GP practice has one they can recommend. I feel a totally different person since having all my tension released....honestly

sarah

I have had the neck issue for years. It used to be that just making eye contact with someone would send my neck in to spasms. And strangely enough, that applied to myself if I was sat in a hairdressers chair. Twenty years later and things are worse, my neck will go in to spasms when just watching TV. I have tried massages and exercises in the past but this hasn't helped. It is interesting what Sarah has said about chiropractors so I think I will try and find one locally and see if they can help.

Thread Information