Thread: generic lexapro

generic lexapro

Hi..I have not posted in awhile..Landed up in the hospital with diverticulitis..I am now on lexapro, switched from celexa..The lexapro seems to be better for me. I am on 10mg and going up tomorrow. I am on the brand name, as I was so afraid of the generic. Well, I can't afford the brand name, I am getting 20mg tablets and splitting them to make it a little cheaper. 30 pills is 197.00!! so I am thinking of switching to the generic, probobly Mylan. Any input would be greatly appreciated..thanks, Debbie

Re: generic lexapro

Hi!

I'm on generic escit. I've read multiple forums and so on about the differences and some people insist the brand makes difference. I asked the pharmacist that how different they actually are and she said only the active ingredients could be different. Those that bind the actual medicine before it gets digested. Then she said that competitors usually model the generic versions exactly like the original just because the fear of people that use it. She mentioned that this is one of the reasons why for example they don't put mint flavor in, people would recognize it and stop taking it as it is so different it doesn't leave bad breath in mouth

You COULD react to the active parts differently but the main medicine is the same - there is no way around it. We here have an info site that lists all the ingredients of generic brand and the name brand, I'm sure You have something similar there. Just search the generic version that have exactly the same ingredients as the name brand.

But of course, the worse thing You could get is a week worth of side effects for the change if those differ much. It is not like starting the drug again from the start.

Hope this helps

Thread Information