Thread: Celexa not working after a few years?

Celexa not working after a few years?

Hi!

I first started with celexa about 10 years ago. Took it for maybe 6 months, worked really good and started cold turkey. I was feeling pretty bad after but didnīt thought quitting the med had that power.. Anyway, I started again 2 years later and now Iīve been on diffrent SSRI since 8 years. The past 4 years Celexa. Iīve had doses up 60mg and mostly 40mg but now Iīm on 25mg since a couple of months. During the past 8 years Iīve also hade chronic muscle problems with both severe cases of upper and lower cross syndrome so I havenīt been able to exercise almost anything, or paint, play music, socialize, read a book, nothing really.. I have had suicide thoughts all these years and sometimes really strong wish to just die. I started to have this now more often because Iīve fight so hard but canīt be free from these meds.

Before all of this, I sure was an outgoing person, always active with something, liked people and loved life!! I work now as a music teacher. Surrounded by music and creativity but canīt help to just feel nothing for it. One thing in me wants to feel that, but itīs as it were a blanket over my brain. I have tried to raise the med, In the beginning Iīm feeling a lot better but afterwards it goes back, and Iīve tried to lower the dose, I was on 20mg for 6 months earlier this year, thought it would normalize the level but didnīt. I s there any hope to quit the medicine. I mean I read about all these withdrawal stories but I canīt even taper this med so I come to that point

At this point is it better to try something else and start tapering from there, because it doesnīt feel as this med helps me anymore but also I canīt quit it because of stronger anxiety and so on..
    Last edited by Brainfog; 25-11-14 at 22:05.

Re: Celexa not working after a few years?

As long as you taper the med very slowly in small steps you can get off it ok
    You will also need some support while tapering,do you have anybody close or a good doctor you can turn to for help ?

Thanks for reply! Yes I have many people around that can support me. I also go to psychiatrist every other week. Next time I can lower with 2.5 mg to 22.5mg. The minimum dose pills in Sweden is 10mg and I can cut it in four pieces. Is there a way to make the dose smaller? Disolve in liquid?

Quote Originally Posted by Brainfog View Post
    Thanks for reply! Yes I have many people around that can support me. I also go to psychiatrist every other week. Next time I can lower with 2.5 mg to 22.5mg. The minimum dose pills in Sweden is 10mg and I can cut it in four pieces. Is there a way to make the dose smaller? Disolve in liquid?
    you can do the liquid tapering but its a pain,i just split mine into 1/4s and held each dose for a month,.I didnt get any withdrawal symptoms maybe a bit dizzy a few times but thats it

Thread Information