Thread: Your Remedy List for Panic/Anxiety

Your Remedy List for Panic/Anxiety

Hi everyone,
    First off, just wanted to say nice to meet everyone as I am a new member here . Since May of 2014, I started noticing symptoms of anxiety/panic (i.e., nausea, lack of appetite, clammy hands etc...etc..). Following May after quitting my job, I experienced the symptoms for almost a month, followed by another brief episode in July (~1 week) and then recently in October and is still on-going. I went to several walk-in doctors as well as my family doc and was prescribed meds like Clonazepam, Xanax, Lexapro. I've taken Kpin for roughly 2 weeks on and off (0.25 mg) and stopped 3 weeks ago due to its addictive/dependency nature and Lexapro was just a nightmare for me in terms of the nausea I was experiencing despite 1 dose.

Long story short, I read many posts here as well as in general about natural supplements on Panic/Anxiety and would like people's opinions as to what worked or what didn't for them. Below is my personal list:

Magnesium Citrate (150 mg) - started a week or bit more ago
    Omega 3 Calm - got it yesterday (makes me feel somewhat bloated)
    Omega 3 gummies - been taking it for the past week
    Stress support day (OTC) - been taking it daily for the past week
    Probiotic sticks - got it today

Thanks for everyone's input in advance!

Re: Your Remedy List for Panic/Anxiety

Hello, I'm suffering from severe anxiety for a while, it was too bad that 1.5 months ago I had a panic attack and my boyfriend had to call an ambulance as he didn't know what to do. I didn't want to take any tablets that a doctor would prescribe as I didn't want to be dependent on them, I used loads of tablets before they just suppressed the anxiety by making me super sleepy.
    Now I'm taking all natural stuff. First of magnesium is a big help, I use it as an oil and spray it on my arms and legs after taking a shower.
    I'm also using kalms tablets, it has hops, valerian and gentian in it. Taking 2 tablets 3 times a day.
    I'm also taking a vitamin B complex.
    Can't say that I'm all anxiety free, I'm only taking these for 1.5 months but I must say they help. I still feel anxious but I don't feel that paralyzing panic anymore.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

In addition, probitoics are great. I take 10 billion ones once a day. A healthy gut means a healthy mind. Keep on taking them and if you don't feel any change take 10 billion ones, the brand's name is lamberts acidophilus.

Herbal teas really help me! Liquorice tea in particular is wonderful. But nettle, camomile, fennel and peppermint are all great too. Great for your body too.
    Ginger root (actual small pieces of ginger) help wonderfully with my digestion.
    Dark chocolate is a great mood booster! (The 90% stuff is really healthy too).
    A hot chocolate when you need a home comfort is lovely as well!
    Yoga helped wonderfully too. I used Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube.
    Cycling (outdoors) around nature parks is lovely too, and makes me feel stronger.
    Sounds a bit lame, but a good long hug with someone nice, or petting a cat or dog always makes me feel calmer.
    For a quick fix I go outside, especially now it's cold, and take a few deep breaths in. It really refreshes me.
    I've also become more of a Buddhist, and have found talks by Ajhan Bramn on YouTube very calming and helpful, and mediatation really helps (Buddhist meditation or other mediatation too! It's very good for your body)

When I was in high school I once took about 20 kalms at once and absolutely nothing happened. But that might just be me.

I have just started taking magnesium. I also take probiotics.
    I use rescue remedy if start to feel panicky and have bought some Kalms but not taken them yet! I also suffer with nausea and am worried that valerian might make that worse?

Hi & welcome. I'm new here too
    I take:
    Magnesium, calcium & zinc
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E & selenium
    Inositol
    Flaxseed oil for essential fats and omega oils
    Chia seeds
    Oats (a natural relaxant)
    Lots of fruit, veg & water /peppermint tea
    No caffeine
    Daily exercise

Hope this helps

I have been taking Quiet Life for a week, they are helping me, I think. Has Vit B1 and B2 in, which I think is good.

I also take Magnesium 150mg once a day, rescue remedy day/night versions and the rescue remedy gum which I find really good.

I take a daily energiser vitamin which has a bit of everything in it, I think.

This combo seems to be working for me pretty well so far.

Thread Information