Thread: 150mg 3 times daily ??? Scared!

150mg 3 times daily ??? Scared!

I have been changed anti depressant i was on Mirtazipine 15mg it did not help me sleep as i cant sleep well and been put on 150mg Trazodone 3 times daily or at night, i am scared as i have read up alot of potential scary side effects like an embarrassing constant erection!!!! heart palpitations and rhythm problems!!!!

Me i am 25 years old and suffer Anxiety and Depression have done for the past 5 years after my mother passed away in a very traumatic way which i found her body, left me with a PTSD diagnosis and became alcoholic, which i am 2 years in recovery!

Been having alot of anxiety and worry about things recently which F'ing mess my sleep up, been given 7 Diazepam 5mg tablets just in case this doesn't help me sleep.

Need advice on this drug I want to Sleep SO BAD I am so tired but can't sleep! My anxiety is through the roof and thinking of taking all the Valium when I get another panic attack!

Kindly want advice please! I such a state at the moment and really quite worried about Trazodone.

Re: 150mg 3 times daily ??? Scared!

I'm sorry to hear about your mum and the tragic way you found her. You're doing amazing to be two years sober. That is a very high dose to be put on straight away. I was on trazadone but only on 100mg to take in the evening and it knocked me out. It didn't help for my anxiety during the day. I had 2mg diazepam tablets and they would help a lot with my anxiety so if you have 5mg then just one of this will really help, don't take more than they reccomended.

Re: 150mg 3 times daily ??? Scared!

thats a very high dose
    im on 200mg at nigjt only and my doctor told me he wants to get it down to 150 at least.he says its to high and not good for the liver over time.sorry to hear of your loss very sad.i suffer with pts to.its not easy..be carful and if in doubt as a pharasist as they are specialy trained in all medisons...there better than a doctor for advice.

Thread Information