Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lumpy breasts. swollen node... meltdown.

lumpy breasts. swollen node... meltdown.

Hi all,

I had been doing so well, didn't go to the doctors for over a month, stopped googling and even went a week without looking for reassurance here! well it didn't last....

Last few weeks or so i've been experiencing breast pain and noticed a swollen lymph under my arm...it was really sore on sunday but less sore now (although can still feel it). been to the doctors as i had gotten myself in a mess about checking my boobs. she checked them for me and said i do have lumpy tissue but nothing of any concern.

Not sure what i expect people to say. Just exhausted and needed to vent!

Re: lumpy breasts. swollen node... meltdown.

You had a concerning symptom, it worried you, you went to your doc who gave you the all-clear and now you feel better.

All in all you handled yourself pretty well. Rome wasn't conquered in a day y'know.

Hi, thank you for replying.

The problem is that i don't feel better. I'm worried about this node and i'm sure i can fee some in my groin too. i've been googling half the day (i know it's the worst thing to do) i feel so tired and achey all the time and am looking for a cause.

Ihad the same thing except I went for a well woman check. The doctor did a physical exam, felt a lump and wouldn't then let me have my pre booked mammogram because it was a 'well woman' clinic. You can imagine the state I was in! I went to see my gp same afternoon. She was cross. Thoroughly examined me but said I had lumpy breasts but could fid nothing to worry about but by then had been referred to a breast clinic. The gp there examined me. She too said it was lumpy but normal. Had a mammogram, ultra sound and NOTHING found. It is exhausting. The worry tears you apart. I fluctuate between not being able to Google because it terrifies me and being obsessed with finding more info. I KNOW it is def the wrong thing to do. if you look hard enough you will always find something to fit your particular fear of the moment. You have been checked. The gp says it is fine. She has examined hundreds of breasts. Go with what she has said, turn off the computer and give yourself a night off.x

Agree with Susie. Shut off the computer, have a bevvie, and relax.

Thank you for your comments xx

I'm also getting quite a lot of under arm pain on both sides... does anyone else experience this?!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I've suffered breast pain in one breast and underarm pain for nearly 2 years. No lumps, discharge or anything and 3 different doctors have done breast exams and can't find anything sinister. This doesn't really help my anxiety as the pain is very much there all the time but I'm 'very slowly' allowing myself to trust them when they say that after nearly 2 years Id almost certainly have other symptoms.
    Breast cancer is terrifying :( xx

Hi Mrs Churchill,

Can i ask how old you are? I had a 'breast mouse' which was checked out when i was 21 and told it was nothing, it's still there and i'm not too concerned about that but i have pain in both breasts and under my arms, plus swollen nodes and generally not feeling too well. i'm just panicking that my 'lumpy' breasts are something serious that perhaps the doctor could not identify and that it has spread to my lymph nodes....i know it's unlikely, I just turned 28 and it's rare at this age (i have no family history of BC) but it is possible and i'm so frightened by these nodes... anxiety is increasing. x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information