Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas and new year survival support group

Re: Christmas and new year survival support group

Poor you as well BI. I hope you both feel better in the morning. X

How are you today Blue Iris? X

CLAIRE Weeks speaks about a tired and exhausted mind makes us think differently- I guess the Christmas period is well known for that. Hopefully we will all get back to routine and feel like our anxiety is cope able soon x

Well its New Years Eve. My anxiety has already launched up like a rocket but so far I'm coping well. Hope everyone enjoys their day!

So it's all over and done with for another year! Back to routine, hopefully things will improve for everyone

It's that time of year again! Time to revive this thread....

I think it will be a muted one for us this year. Whether we even cook something other than normal is a discussion for December as we are a bit busy with other issues at the moment. I'm feeling the pressure with this coming up and all the stuff to catch up on while juggling medical stuff. I think if someone put a Christmas stocking up I would just shove my head in it at the moment.

Mum hasn't the energy for much unwrapping anyway so I think we will scale things back. But I will put the decs up for her so she has some nice things around her.

Some days just end up sidetracked for us now so planning anything is tricky.

Will be muted for us too Terry. Just me and Mr.D. Last year was spent in the hospital with my mother but it was ok. The staff make it nice for the patients.
    She’s home now but housebound. Well roombound really but we will decorate her room, while she complains, because she has never liked Christmas. There’s a few of us on here with elderly parents with heavyweight medical needs. You’re not alone Terry.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    It's that time of year again! Time to revive this thread....
    Funnily enough, prior to your 'revival' post today following this thread's hiatus of nearly 4 years, the last post was on NYD 2020 when we here in Blighty were still blissfully unaware that a lethal new virus called Covid-19 was on the horizon and about to escalate into a serious global pandemic only just under 2 months later.

Also who could have predicted back then that we would be in a national lockdown the following Christmas and unable to go visiting relatives, friends in person, etc, attend events such as parties, and be working/schooling from home all due to the dreaded Covid.

But, for better or worse, 2023 looks to bear greater semblance to 2019 and before, and the other day I was having a conversation with someone at my day centre about this and I said 'So much for all the 'new normals' that were being discussed extensively throughout 2020; we've now mostly reverted back to the 'old' (pre-pandemic) norms' and hardly anyone I know seems to give Covid as much as a second thought anymore, despite it still being around, but thankfully nowhere near as serious as it was in those heady days of 2020-21.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    Will be muted for us too Terry. Just me and Mr.D. Last year was spent in the hospital with my mother but it was ok. The staff make it nice for the patients.
    She’s home now but housebound. Well roombound really but we will decorate her room, while she complains, because she has never liked Christmas. There’s a few of us on here with elderly parents with heavyweight medical needs. You’re not alone Terry.
    Isn't it hard when they aren't mobile and have little interest? That's why I'm so adamant about the decs because it cheers the room up and may bring back some good memories (what am I saying? Mum was always busy cooking the dinner and there was the annual decoration argument ).

I remember how you went through it all with your mum in hospital and the lacking care, Darksky. We are currently butting heads with a senior from the district nurses who turned up days before mum & dads new bed turned up who decided it wasn't enough despite it being on order 5 weeks and multiple members of her staff agreeing it was. Not that they care about us losing a lot of money due to their incompetence as it's all "duty of care". I might give them that back next time they are complaining about their pay. Grr...

Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread Information