Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas and new year survival support group

Re: Christmas and new year survival support group

Well done Annie.
    I am proud of you.

Come to think of it... i am proud to know everyone here..... :-)

Annie, could you push to get your Husband to do dinner as well?
    So, pleased the ordeal is over for you.

Swgrl, I hope it all goes well for you, not a nice situation to be in and I can understand you not wanting to be near him.
    My hubby made dinner and I am now going to bed as my eyes really ache.

swgrl 09. I never understand why some family members can be so cruel & unsupportive. What ever happens.... You are a worthwhile person and you have friends (& forum family) here. You remember that, sending hugs & hoping it goes ok.

Thanks all for your support, we leave in an hour ... wouldn't go, but one of my best friends who lives across the country will be there and I never get to see her.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

husband is running late from work, so the clock ticks as I wait to get this over with ... ugh!!

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

Back, it was very uncomfortable. Just my sister there, not her husband at least. Nex time I see her is Wednesday. Ughhhh

Well done Kimberley, Annie & swgrl.

Swgrl - don't let some idiot make you feel like you can't be anywhere regardless of who is married to. If you want to be there, be there and be confident because you are entitled, you are not the idiot around the table, he is.

Annie - I love it when people say things like that. If you have an asthma attack you get told to "breathe normally"...I sometimes wonder if they would tell someone on fire to hold still! I remember having an examination up the bottom which involved the flexible rubber tube and some air inflation (was done on the day of the examination hence no diet changes beforehand, so was this a colonoscopy? It was nearly 20 years ago now and no pain relief) which was a bit uncomfortable considering I was being referred to check for anything beyond the suspected internal hemorrhoids and the guy kept saying hold still to me. I was pretty still but it wasn't particularily nice and I was tempted to tell him to stick his test up his a#se!

That sounds like a sigmoidoscopy, Terry. Not the most natural experience to have....It would be good if Consultants had to have these tests performed on them to give them a true "feeling" for their vocation-that would give them a bit more insight into how easy it is to relax when you're getting probed?

Relax, my arse (literally)

Haha one of my friends had quite a painful examination and scrape on her cervix and the doctor kept telling her to relax so the nurse whispered to her "squeeze his balls and see if he stays relaxed!" At least it made her laugh.

Thats Pulisa, it didn't feel all the way in, it was just the air that made me wonder! The guy never even told me what it was at the time, just that he wanted a look...so maybe it was for personal gratification

Well, its funny you say that because to become a therapist it is recommended by reputable bodies that you go through a period of therapy with your supervisor. Lets hope the physical medics do it too...but I doubt many F1's would be volunteering for the STI clinic

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Haha one of my friends had quite a painful examination and scrape on her cervix and the doctor kept telling her to relax so the nurse whispered to her "squeeze his balls and see if he stays relaxed!" At least it made her laugh.

So....did she do it? And did she end up with his phone number?

Hahaha, all these posts gave me a good laugh this morning at work. Thank you!!

Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread Information