Thread: Heavy period! Sorry tmi!

Heavy period! Sorry tmi!

Hi All,

I posted on here about a month ago about about bleeding after sex! I went and had the swabs done and the doctor explained I had a cervical erosion. All swabs came back fine. She said to keep an eye on things.

However my periods have been awful. I seem to be having a 21 day cycle and it's really heavy! I also have had back pain. Obviously Google is is telling me I have cervical cancer and I know I shouldn't google but I can't seem to help it.

I have made an appointment for the doctors again on Monday as she said she would refer me! My mind is currently in overdrive.

Just wondering if anybody has any wise words.

Thank you

Re: Heavy period! Sorry tmi!

How old are you?x

I am 30, and I have two children 6 and 3. I am not on any contraception!

Cervical erosion must be the cause of your bleeding after sex and apparently it's quite common.

I had a colposcopy a while ago for bleeding after sex and nothing was found.

It is a quick procedure and nothing to worry about if they decide to do that.

If you go for smears regularly then they should have picked up if you had any funny cells or anything. I was asked when my last smear was

Stress might be affecting your periods maybe? I have had heavy periods in the past and the heavier they are the more backpain I'd get.

You say you have a 21 day cycle, that sounds to me as though it is regular and you are not getting bleeding in between periods..

Thank you!

My periods are normally 28 days and although heavy not normally this bad. I have done a couple of extreme diets, (detox and really low cal) which seems to have coincided with my periods.

I have had two smears both came back ok and I am not due another one until mid next year.

See diets can affect periods, and mess with your system.

My smears were also okay and that was one of the things the gynacologist checked when I went in.

My smear tests were correct, as my coloposcopy was clear also.

My periods recently have become much heavier, then they maybe lighter and vary in days but I maybe going through perimenopause at 40.

I'm sure you will get a clean bill of health, but seeing your doctor is the right thing to dox

Thread Information