Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First ever 'random' attack

First ever 'random' attack

Hiya

First of all, sorry for my long absense. Since the break up of my boyfriend I wanted to leave here for a bit as I was scared that the panic attacks would come back, again! I hope everybody had a great Christmas and New Year

So anyway, yesterday I was on the train coming home from college and I was deleting my texts. I started feeling like the oxygen in the train was getting low and that there was no fresh air. I didn't think much of it until I started to become shakey. I decided to get the bus back to my house so I get home and be safe.

My symptoms got worse and I got more of them. Then at 11pm BANG I had a panic attack. It wasn't a big one, but it was uncomfortable. I woke up today feeling very tired and run down.

All throughout today I have been feeling like ... well ... crap. I'm quiet, shakey, breathless and very twitchy. This was my first random panic attack and it's confusing me. I'm happy, so why am I panicking?

Two last questions:
    1- Is this something to be concerned about as I was not scared or anything before the attack and
    2- Is it normal to feel like crying when you don't feel depressed, after an attack?

My teddy, last night, was a paper bag to keep my safe.

Hello Jadey!

Sorry you're feeling crappy. If it's any comfort to you, I had much the same happen when out for dinner with friends back in the summer. Bear in mind I had been back to work for a couple of months and had been off Citalopram for the same time. Well, there we were sat and all of a sudden it was just as you described. I got steadily worse and had the most awful night, which I got through with not actively fighting it (easier said than done!) and plenty of chilled water and a huge fan!! By the morning I was feeling much better and it all seemed like a bad dream. It hasn't been that bad since then and I still don't know what may have caused it. I may never know. But I'm glad it happened because I know I got over it and lived to tell the tale !!

I think it's totally normal for you to to feel like crying after that episode, in fact that might even be a good thing - lets any the tension out!

Hope you feel better sooner rather than later,

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

GG

Yes that is a good point. You are able to talk about it and be prepared next time. I remember my first attack clearly (but I seem to forget the others like it never happened) and I have learned from it ^_^

I try not to cry, once I start I can't stop. Lol

My teddy, last night, was a paper bag to keep my safe.

Hey Jadey,

Yep I often get like that after a panic attack sometimes I just have to 'sleep it off' so to speak cuz its like all my energy was used in the attack. Random attacks are horrible, but just remember you got through it!! Well done, the key now is to not fall into that cycle of fearing another one
    And i think the twitchyness u felt was a result of the high levels of adrenalin in ur body, i also suffer from this too.

Angel xx

"Never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted"

Angel

Yes a panic attack is very exhausting. I ran the Race For Life last July and that needs less energy then a panic attack, it's physically and mentally draining.

I am trying my absolute hardness not to get another panic attack. When I had panic attacks for a reason (if I'm stressed or nervous for example) I can easily get over it but with this I don't know why I had it so it's harder to get over.

That was the adrenalin? Now that explains alot, lol, thanks for that! Is there anything I can do to stop my body releasing so much adrenalin during a panic attack?

"My teddy last night was a paper bag, to keep my safe."

Hi Jadey
    when I used to get attacks several times a time, I would feel completely drained, tired, exhausted. My whole body would feel extremely heavy, I thought I had a serious disease

I think it would be normal to cry after such an occurence, because we cry during/after experiencing other extreme emotions, happiness, fear, sad etc, I think it is the bodys natural defense/release system

Melina

Usually when I cry during an attack it's because I'm scared but I felt like I was heart broken after I had the attack or like somebody close had died. Thanks for the reply.

Hey Jadey,

*I started feeling like the oxygen in the train was getting low and that there was no fresh air. I didn't think much of it '

I would bet that actually you were trying not to think of it but you really were semi subconciouslythinking about it constantly , especially if you took the descision to go home using an alternative route and then this played on your mind thereafter.

One person can survive in a closed lift for 4 days without running out of oxygen, so its impossible for the train to really be running low, however your thoughts were telling you that that is what your fear was and thus your body and nervous system responded as if it were true.

Energy follows thoughts.

Think about your day and what else could have set you off, sugar, caffiene, tired, worried, not eaten enough ..

Hope you're ok now

Meg

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

I just used that quote as if the train had hardly any oxygen, sorry I should have made myself more clearer.

With the food. That day I ate pretty much what I do any day, I had cereal for breakfast and for snacks I had a breakfast bar, a few chocolate bars and a packet of crisps along with a bottle of blackcurrent. I only had two lessons that day so there was no need to have a big lunch.

Caffine. Nope, I had no coffee, tea or coke that day. I have tea on occassions (I gave up coffee and I felt better since, until Thursday when this happened).

I wasn't that tired. I'm tired going to college (especially when I wake up early) but I wake up as I get to college. And nope, I'm not worried about anything.

This is why I'm so confused why I had that panic attack, and because I don't know why I had it I can't avoid it (like if I was tired I would sleep more or if it was about college work I would revise or get help).

its ok because i get random attacks all the time..they just come for no reason..and i get like i want to cry alot..as far as i know im nt depressed.
    so dont worry.
    kelly x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information