I wasn't sure how to word the title.

But does anyone else get panic attacks when something is over? Rather than at the thought of doing something, or during?

I've been keeping a panic diary, just to try and pin point triggers as a lot of my attacks and general anxiety seems to happen for no reason. I've noticed that if something stressful is happening, I do stress about it and worry but I can cope and get on and push through it.

Then, when the event is over I just break down and have a huge panic attack.

The other day at work, there were crowds (it was the christmas light switch on) and I'm part of the medic crew, so I was kept pretty busy. The crowds are a known trigger, as are bright disorientating lights and sounds (fairground type things). Non of these bothered me at the time. I walked around, did my job... got in the car, felt fine. Tried to do some food at home and I noticed I was shaking. And then it just happened. Like I'd somehow bottled it up and it had exploded. But I felt fine at work, no niggling feeling, nothing. It was like I was relieved it was over, and it was such an overwhelming feeling, so many feelings I can't even describe them. And it ended up as a panic attack...