Thread: Help, has it stopped working already?

Help, has it stopped working already?

Yesterday was not good! I started feeling a loss of appetite around mid day and had OCD thoughts all day running thru my head then I started to feel a small panic with the hot flush and tingle in my hands. I have been on them 7 weeks. My awful side effects lasted a good three weeks then for the past three weeks I had been feeling pretty good do you think this is a blip and I will have them once and awhile, or do you thi k it's stopped working? Started out on 50mg I have been slowly increasing to 75 as the doctor told me to but very slowly increasing by 12.5 I wonder if the increase has finally kicked in and it's giving me some side effects, even with that small amount of increase? I am inclined to feel I am still working thru the start up and full effect of this drug to give me the fullest results, but even this morning I woke up a bit dizzy and anxious and slightly queezy. Help, what's your opinion?

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 ----------

Last week I was raking the yard and feeling so good and eating good now this hit me. Scared thoughts creeping in, dizzy when I get up ... It's just like the initial start up side effects accept perhaps not as severe, about half what I experienced in the beginning. What I experienced in the beginning put me in the ER telling them I was dying and please admit me I can't go on. I have noticed some other change, I can sleep a bit better I do wake up in the middle of the night but drift back to sleep, I feel more tired in general. Do you think because I increased it by only 12.5 last week that that increase finally kicked in and this is what's going on? I am so scared I can't go thru that hell again I need some encouragement so I don't lose hope. Thank you

Re: Help, has it stopped working already?

Hello I take 200mg max dose and same happend to me it seamed like it stopped working no my mood is ok just anxiety that gets me now good luck speak with gp they should be able to help you

so had it stopped working or was it just a blip ?????

It was neither, because I increased my dose I was having some side effects which made me feel like I did before I started them. panicy, couldn't eat, nauseated, anxiety, ...... I know without a doubt the med is working for me because my obsessive compulsive thoughts are virtually gone, my anxiety is almost gone but I still have some lack of motivation that could be because I believe anti depressants make some people tired, I am hoping that will go away, and some people have more energy, everyone is different. I don't feel depressed per say but sometimes a bit numb. I will take these small side effects any day vs the the state I was in two months ago. I was never more scared in my life of what I was experiencing, today I have much relief but have lots of therapy ahead of me.

Thread Information