Thread: I fear i have bone cancer

Unhappy I fear i have bone cancer

so it has been two months and i have pain radiating from my knee. my ASO was high and my orthopedic said it was arthritis. but another doctor said that it was nothing and my ASO was high because i had strep throat. he didnt pay attention much to my knee pain. My ESR was high (82) and that is the main thing that has me worried. i also have uric acid. but after 2 months the pain still comes and goes. my x rays and CBC were normal. since x ray was normal, does it mean i dont have bone cancer? please help

Re: I fear i have bone cancer

The only way to find out is biopsy

The ESR would measure inflammation and infection, as would your ASO. There are so many benign conditions that could explain your knee pain, like twisting injuries that wouldn't show up in an x-ray.

I had achilles tendonitis for the better part of a year. I finally went to a sports injury clinic who diagnosed me.

Hi please try not to worry (easier said than done, I know!) but if your doctors thought you had something more sinister like bone cancer I'm sure they would be doing more testing. My understanding was it would show on an xray but more testing would need to be done. I wouldn't worry seen as your xray was clear if you are worried please speak to the doc, that's what they are here for and peace of mind is the most important thing xxx

Hi,

I don't think that you have bone cancer because your x-ray was clear as you say. You may have injured your knee or something, I doubt that would show up on an x-ray. I think you should see a doctor for your peace of mind and get to the bottom of your problem

Toby

Thread Information