Thread: Phone Help

Phone Help

I do know this is a bit random, but I'm hoping somebody could help me.

I have signed up for a phone, a Samsung 4, I am happy that I did this, so please don't tell me this is the wrong thing .

But I am lost and don't know what to do. It's charged up but I don't know where to go from here. I'm not really able to call a helpline. I haven't had a more than very basic phone before.

I'm not looking for a step guide, just someone who understands that I don't know what to do next.

Re: Phone Help

I haven't got a Samsung 4 but would like to help you, cos I'm quite good at learning how to use gadgets, without using instructions.

Sorry for asking the obvious first, but is there a simcard in your mobile?

Feel free to pm me.

Re: Phone Help

Pop your SIM card in and any memory card if you were given one (SD, SDHC, etc) and then switch it on. You should get some form of welcome asking you to set up certain things like the date/time, timezone, etc and it will likely ask you to set up your email account with it which you can skip if you don't want to check your email on it but its pretty easy (type in email address, password, etc if Googlemail but maybe a little more if another email provider).

From there you will probably be ready to use it. Make sure you read your book to understand how to answer/make & terminate calls because this will be different to old non smart phones. You find that if someone calls you, you get options to answer or reject pop up and you either press keys underneath these options (fixed keys on the casing) or you press the option buttons that pop up on the screen. Terminating is the same as it will show in screen, but the screen may go into power saving mode or start a screensaver so you may need to press a button or swipe the screen to wake it up. Making calls will mean accessing the correct menu, just like your old phone.

The rest is all something to learn as you go. As long as you can access the Options menu and change time/date, call waiting, caller line ID and all that stuff, all the Android app things come as you start trying them (they aren't hard to deal with).

I don't have this phone, so the advice is general, but I found this is what happened on my last 2 Samsung phones and my Acer Iconia tablet. Android is pretty easy to deal with, its just a bit alien at first when you crossover from the old style phones.

Thread Information