Thread: fear of catching worms from dog

fear of catching worms from dog

My dog is a month overdue getting her worms treatment, she was wormed today. Iv got this terrifying thought iv caught them, had a string in my stool yesterday although i ate chow mein 2 days before but im not sure. Suffering really bad nausea and stomach pain for weeks. Bad constipation. Im just terrified. Scared to go near her. Partner said im loosing the plot n to get a grip. House feels infested no matter how much i clean. I suffer HA and Pnd with anxiety.
    PND - Dignosed 2014
    Health Anxiety - Diagnosed 2014

You may think im greedy, but I didnt choose these disorders, they chose me

Re: fear of catching worms from dog

I dont think its possible to catch worms from a dog. Why not ask the vet.
    I would see the doctor about your stomache as it has troubled you for so long.

Tapeworm can only be caught from ingesting an infected flea, so its rare.

Threadworm (pinworm), the one you are thinking about, cannot be transmitted from dogs & cats to humans.

Ringworm is transmitted from the fur but I think you need to remember that your dog would need to have caught it from an infected dog or cat first.

Hookworm is more tropical & subtropical regions, so its very unlikely. You need to either ingest the eggs or larvae or they can penetrate the skin as larvae. However, you only come into contact with them from faeces or soil where they have defacated. So, as long as you wash your hands, you will be fine.

Roundworm is similiar to hookworm in terms of transmission and washing your hands however it is only from ingesting the eggs.

I'm sure you will be fine. The one you thought of, that the HA will be driving, is what you saw after you went to the toilet and you cannot catch the threadworms from dogs & cats so that rules that out.

Its more rare to catch it from your dog and more common to catch worms from sushi lol...

If you're still worried, ever heard about parastroy? It comes with two steps (bottles) one is pararid, and the other is parasweep. It helps you cleanse out and naturally expel worms in which the pills will kill.

Quote Originally Posted by kristaok View Post
    Its more rare to catch it from your dog and more common to catch worms from sushi lol...
    Or from children like most things caught in schools often due to hygiene issues.

That's true Terry. one of my children had tape worms when she was little because she sucked her thumb. We got some stuff from the chemist and all the family had to have a dose. (powders in them days)
    Later on we had two dogs for sixteen years. We wormed them ourselves. None of us had worms while we had the dogs or fleas

It happened to me when I was a little kid from school Magic with threadworms which just means a grainy type of drink or the dissolveable pills that came later...and a poo later and they are all flushed out!

Thread Information