Thread: Please help, does anyone else get this? Small shooting pains and muscle stiffness

Please help, does anyone else get this? Small shooting pains and muscle stiffness

Hi, does anyone else get these symptoms? I get small shooting pains in my legs, arms, hands and back. They're not very intense and not all the time, just intermittently, but like most anxiety symptoms they are particularly upsetting because they seem to come when I worry about them, which makes it really upsetting. They feel a bit like neuralgia/ nerve type pain. Because I focus on them I then also get tension a more general kind of tension and stiffness/aching especially in my legs. I'm really scared because I haven't had this before if I knew it wasn't going to get worse I could probably ignore them, but I am depressed at the moment so I can't seem to stop worrying, and I have a friend who has fibromyalgia so I'm scared of getting that. I haven't contacted her as I'm so scared she will say that this is how her fibromyalgia started

"Harry tried to push the matter to the back of his mind. Unfortunately, the back of his mind was no longer the secure place it had once been."

Re: Please help, does anyone else get this? Small shooting pains and muscle stiffness

please, doesn't anyone else get this?

"Harry tried to push the matter to the back of his mind. Unfortunately, the back of his mind was no longer the secure place it had once been."

Re: Please help, does anyone else get this? Small shooting pains and muscle stiffness

I get small shooting pains in my head, anxiety can cause those sort of pains. You should search for the big list online of all the symptoms anxiety can cause, it's huge, and pains are on that list.

I'm sure it's just anxiety, but if it worries you get checked out.

Hope you get better soon.

I have shooting pains in my toes and legs when I am sitting down. I cannot sit at night without a blanket around my legs. I feel cold in my legs.
    I don't get them in my hands. I sometimes wonder if it is something to do with
    circulation or cramp. I have been like this in the warm weather, so it is not due to winter. I think you should get it checked too ep. I am going to see GP tomorrow x

Thanks for your replies . I'm trying to just accept that this is something I have at the moment, I did go to the doctor but he agrees it is an anxiety symptom

I get these too. Sometimes in my feet, the sides of my hands, my fingers - especially at night when I lay in bed. I also get odd twitches. in the past I have panicked about these. I now know they are all anxiety related. I am in the grips of a new panic now and I can see that panic for what it was. I'm sure it is anxiety and you focusing on them. take care

Thanks Susie. Its partly that I haven't been sleeping well too, I have too much time to lie and worry about it

Thread Information