Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your pregabablin journey

Re: Your pregabablin journey

Hi Sarah,

I agree that 3 doses would be better, I just cant get an appt with my doctor at the minute, she is fully booked for 2 weeks then off for a week or so. I could see another doc, but you have to sit there for 3 days explaining everything to them, and I just cant be bothered with that. Today I didnt need to take my tablet until around lunch time, so I don't think it will be too bad today, but we'll see.

I've been on Pregabalin since March this year. Started off on 100mg twice a day and gradually increased my dosage to 300mg twice a day. Yes it chills me out and reduces my anxiety and hypervigilance, but I still suffer from anxiety attacks with massive fight or flight.

Pregabalin is licensed for generalised anxiety - not panic disorder. It may be helpful in controlling overall anxiety and thus help get a handle on panic attacks, but some additional control may be necessary.

Thats the way I see Pregabalin, Im thinking (hoping) it will take care of my main and biggest problem which is the anxiety, and then allow me to personally tackle my other issues. I do have panic attacks, but I have Diazepam for that if I have a bad one, but I think if I can make a better more active life for myself with reduced anxiety, then things might slowly get better.

Guys I'm really struggling today.
    Think I'm gonna have to give in and take a diazepam just feel anxious all day over nothing and I've had 3 panic attacks in the past 2 1/2 hours.

I'm starting to think this isn't the med for me as much as I want it to be. Wish something could take this anxiety away from me :'( I'm beginning to loose all hope in beating this constant fear 24/7.

It started as blips now I just feel anxious constantly again I don't know what to do?! I've got a routine appt with my doc on the 22nd but thinking I should get in with her next week instead to maybe up my dose and if that falls I just don't know. I take it three times a day already and the only benefit I have is no morning anxiety but I've even had that today guys please help I don't know what to do. Does it ever get better???

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Yes it gets better! BUT you have to get the right dose for you and that could be 600mgs a day! There is no reason why you cannot take a Valium to help through rough patches. I have a prescription fort lorazepam for exactly that reason. Luckily I seem to be very stable at the moment and have not needed it for weeks( so many weeksI cannot remember when I last took it). With pregabalin you have to go up the doses until you reach an "optimum" amount.

Oh and welcome Patrick66

Sarah

Had a run of three bad nights with anxiety and rubbish sleep.
    Am going up from 225 to 300 a day to see if it helps.
    So sick of insomnia

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Keggsy,

I find if I take my evening dose at 7pm it makes me feel sleepy 2/3 hours later. But I confess I also take a sleeping tablet. It ,ay help you sleep better though.

sarah

I can take my diazepam I just don't like to. I feel that it makes my mood low after it wears off and gives me really vivid nightmares.

I'm just so fed up of feeling like it 24/7 in know that's why its called gad because it's triggered off lots so it is constant but I really need a break! I feel like I'm gonna end up in hospital some days! Weeks ago I had a good few days and it's wore off and been up and down since. Maybe I do need a higher dose I just don't want to get to 600 and then it not work and me be stuffed :( I'm already on it 3 times a day so it's spaced out enough! So fed up xx

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

I can't tell if this is a really bad day or I need more help. Laying in bed thinking I'd be better off not here as I don't seem to be getting better. Hope it's just a bad day this is the second time ive had these thoughts since being on this med which always make me super anxious. I think the longer my anxiety is out of control its making me depressed. I don't want to have these thoughts when I have a 2yr old that needs me x

Today is no different. Made an appointment with my doctor for Monday as ive got the same thoughts as yesterday and they are scaring me so much. Feeling very deflated and defeated x

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information