Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Propranolol, what does it do

Re: Propranolol, what does it do

Good idea, but its good that you've been feeling better without the meds too. Maybe just take it when the palps return?

Just noticed Dazza's avatar...love it

ISB x

I take 80mg Slow release in the morning, mainly for stress, anxiety and migraines, and it seems to be working. It's not a harsh drug and can be taken when needed etc

Thank you good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza123 View Post
    I have been taking 80mg in the morning for years. Can't say I notice anything really. If I have a panic attack then I still get the racing pulse and heart rate, but maybe that's because I take it in the morning, and any panic attacks are usually at night. My resting heart rate is 60ish though so I suppose it must be doing something.
    You bet it is because you take a propranolol pill in the morning... The "pill" version of propranolol gets flushed from your body within 5hrs after taking it. The "slow-release" version of propranolol (capsules) last somewhere between 8-10 hours, but it takes a bit longer to get used to it. Pills work almost immediately (you feel it working within 1hour or so), yet the capsule form works only after 5 hours (you barely feel anything for a long time), but then it lasts much longer.

ive taken this in the past 40mg fisrt thing in the morning and it saved my life! i was overwhelmed with anxiety.. the only noticeable side affect was tiredness but nothing else.. i stopped taking it a year ago cos i was in a much better place.. however a bit anxious at mo so doc put me on 10mg hasnt worked so uped it to 20mg morning and tea time.. seems to working fine.. Think i prefer the one hit though all at the same time.. 40mg for the day... but doc said becasue my blood pressure is low he doesnt want to have one big hit in one go cos i may end up feeling a bit faint. so trying it like this.. anways.. i personally was fine but everyone is different. good luck

I've been on benzo's for last two years but they have become addictive and I was taking more, so doc has swapped to Prop 40mg x3 daily. I have been on it before and it seemed to help me and I was only on a very low dose then. I just read leaflet and some people take 80mg tablets as many times a day so they can't harm. my Mum is on another beta blocker and was saying don't abuse these as your heart will stop, but I think you would have to take lots, I make no wonder I have anxiety she scares me so much, lol.

Iteresting post

I,ve been on diazapam a few years ago to help calm me down , low dose and short term .

I will discuss this med with my doctor as at the moment when my anxiety is through the roof (ever day ) i calm with alcohol

I need some help short term again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information