Thread: Head Pain - Brain Tumour Fear

Head Pain - Brain Tumour Fear

Hi everyone, yesterday morning i woke up with a sort of pressure pain in my head but it only really hurt when i coughed or blew my nose or moved my head about but today i woke up and its worse and its more constant today its different to a headache and just feels like my head is full and there is a massive pressure on my brain. I also feel a bit sick today. I have had a cold for past couple of weeks but thats nearly gone and i am riding my bike to work and its freezing so could that have something to do with it? Anyone had this sort of thing? I feel the only thing it can be is a brain tumour. Im so scared. Any reassurance?

Please Reply
    Love Louise xx xx xx xx xx

Re: Head Pain - Brain Tumour Fear

hi. Iv had lots of different anxiety related symptoms and had the you your experiencing. It has gone now but i find the more i focus on my symptoms the stronger they are. Please try not to worry and it will go away x

Can anxiety really cause this severe throbbing and pressure in my head? It seems to hurt more when i bend down. I know it has to be serious coz there isnt much else it can be. Im at work today and just feel like crying.

Please Reply

Quote Originally Posted by louise0501 View Post
    Can anxiety really cause this severe throbbing and pressure in my head?
    Yes! I have lots of pressure in my head sometimes and dizziness. It comes and goes, more stress the more symptoms I get.

I read about one guy who was really stressed and kept tensing/lifting shoulders without him noticing it and it wen't to a point that he had part of his hand and leg temporarily paralyzed because of a pinched nerve.

Our fears are usually imagined but the symptoms for pursuing them causes real aches.

Hello again. I just hate this anxiety. Every morning at the moment i am waking up with bad headache and head pain and pain round my eyes and face and i also have a stuffy nose so could it be to do with that? Or does it sound like a brain tumour?

Please Reply

Can anxiety really cause this severe throbbing and pressure in my head? It seems to hurt more when i bend down. I know it has to be serious coz there isnt much else it can be. Im at work today and just feel like crying.

Please Reply
    Yes. It's one of the more classic symptoms.

Hello again. I just hate this anxiety. Every morning at the moment i am waking up with bad headache and head pain and pain round my eyes and face and i also have a stuffy nose so could it be to do with that? Or does it sound like a brain tumour?

Please Reply
    Personally, I don't think it's caused by anxiety.
    It sounds like sinus pain, as a result of having a cold. It can cause exactly the symptoms you describe - head pressure and pain, around the eyes, forehead etc.
    You may need to see your GP in case your sinuses are infected and need treating with antibiotics..
    In the meantime, try steaming with hot water with a few drops of Olbas oil in, or Vicks, or menthol crystals. A saline nasal spray can help ease congestion, and warm flannel applied to the face can help the pain.

I agree given your recent cold this sounds like sinus pain/pressure.

Get yourself to a pharmacy, get yourself some saline nasal spray, maybe a steroid type spray like beconaise and lots and lots of steam!

If you feel stuffy don't blow your nose hard as this can actually force crap back into your sinus and lead to infection. You only need to
    Visit your doctor if you notice any blood or green/brown mucus from this.

Sinus inflamation will give you all the symptoms you describe. You can try rubbing either side of your nose next to your eyes and under your eyes on your cheakbones with a firm circular pressure. This can help your sinus' to drain. Best after steam. Press where you feel the pressure. Another way to
    Check if it's sinus related, if you tap firmly on your sinus, the two in your forehead or more commonly the ones under your eyes it often feels tender.

Thread Information