Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I have stepped over the line nto insanity

I have stepped over the line nto insanity

I have done it . I have tried to disappear from my life and ended up being admitted to a psychiatric hospital in a strange city. I have been poked prodded injected tranquilisd.
    I am home but my hubby is on orders to call police/hospital if I leave. house arrest or what. whats that all about
    I knew I was losing it. I knew my head wasn't right.
    I tried to get on this site for help or advcie but scotland has no bloody internet cafes unless it is edinburgh or glasgow.
    I don't know what I am askin g oyu for. just don't know where to go. i have never been anywhere like this. mentally or physciiaaly
    happyone

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

Hi Happyone,

Oh mate :( I am so sorry to read this. I have been a bit concerned about you actually as you've not posted for a couple of days and did wonder if you were ok. I'm not quite sure I understand what's happened ie does trying to disappear from your life mean you tried to commit suicide etc. Being admitted must have been awful and so scary. I'm glad you are home now though and I hope hubby is being understanding. I have no idea what advice to give you but I'm here if you need to chat. I wish I knew what to say to help mate. I am often scared I will lose it and be admitted somewhere but no idea what to advise you now.
    Have any plans been put in place for you to get some help or therapy of any sort now? How have things been left? Surely they can't just keep you indoors, they have to give you some help of some sort.
    I really hope you start feeling better soon. Hang in there mate, things can improve again however bad and scared you must feel right now.

Big big (((((Hugs))))) for you, I am thinking of you.

Lisa x

BIG MASSIVE HUGS FOR YOU HAPPYONE (((((HUGS))))) xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Being admitted to a psych unit does in no way mean that you have 'lost it' or gone insane.

It does mean that someone, somewhere thought you needed medical attention because of what you were thinking, some action you took or views you were expressing.

When we are severely upset, anxious, depressed or scared sometimes, for a period of time we act very strangely or out of character and this can scare ourselves and our families witless and people turn to look for help from psychiatric services to help sort out what the problem is and to help keep you safe.

It is highly unlikely that you would have been sent home so soon if they had thought you had a complex mental health illness.

Whatever happened for you to be in a strange city needing acute help only you know but I hope that along with this home curfew comes some additional support to help you cope and manage your issues and worries.

Take care

Meg

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Hi

Well what can i say, you are not going off your trolley, you have just become so mixed up that yoou cannot sort it alone. Well lets say the cavalary have arrived, the hospital should give you a bit of breathing space, a time to get your head round life and whats the important things. Dont look it has being shut away, poked and prdded. look at it as a breathing space where theres people that can help you out. Keep coming back to NMP for the morale support that you need

keith

thanks
    I think hubby is exaggerating the curfew cos police werent mentioned tome. well it was yesterday but not today. i said he was making it up and he says i am paranoid. great, add that to my list.
    thanx lisa. i have to see doc and psychiatrist but i dont know when and i dont think i can manage here but i dont want tobe in a place like that again. i am going ack to my computer for support and hiding under my duvet.
    see my quote at the bottom? tomorrow is another day. I cant satnd the thought of getting through tomorrow.
    happyone

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

When we're scared, we all get a touch of paranoia , it comes with the territory.

Don't get through tomorrow, today is enough for now, then tomorrow get through today too...

Meg

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

i know what you are saying meg but i want to sleep toforget a while but sleep brings tomorrow closer and then ther is a whole day ahead of me. a whole day of responsibility and I can't escape it.
    i am so sorry for being so needy folks.
    happyone

Hi Happyone,

Firstly you have nothing to be sorry for ok and you are not being needy - you are having a very difficult time right now and you need, and deserve, some support - and you will get that here.

As Meg said just concentrate on today, even just get through minute by minute if necessary. Just try not to think any further ahead than right now.

I'm sorry I didn't realise how bad you were feeling, you've often mentioned going to bed early and hiding under your duvet but as I don't understand depression I never realised how down you actually were. You always seemed so cheerful on my thread too. Now I do realise though I am here to help if I can.

I hope you can get to see your doctor soon, it will be good to talk this all through with someone you trust and knows your situation, then you can plan what happens next.

I know you must feel you're in a dark place but please just hang in there, day by day and you will come out the other side of this. I haven't known you that long but you seem a lovely caring person and a great Mum too.

Lots of love, thinking of you,

Lisa x

You are going to get through this by taking it one day at a time - this is something we should all try and do as a matter of course but especially when we feel so overwhelmed.

Try and rest that overtired brain and let nature do some of the healing for you.

We'll be here anytime you need to talk.

Love Piglet

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information