Thread: Is my medication working or not?

Is my medication working or not?

Hey peeps, this is only my second post on this site so apologies if it comes across as stilted but I don't know how else to phrase my problem. The long and short of it is that I don't know if my medication is working or not and quite frankly I'm fed up of wondering. I have been on 200mg of Clomipramine for going on five weeks and my agitation/agoraphobia has only ever increased over this period of time. When I went to my psychiatrist about it he increased my dosage to 250mg but I only managed to stay on that for half a week because my agitation sky-rocketed. I did have a couple of really good days (euphoric essentially) when I came down off of that dose but that was last week and now i'm just fed up. Does anybody have any advice about what I should/shouldn't do? I don't know when I am next going to be seeing my psychiatrist and I am currently attending a day hospital at my local psychiatric hospital so I do have a nurse to talk to, but I wanted to know if anyone on here has ever been in a similar situation, thanks Xx

Re: Is my medication working or not?

After 5 weeks you should have seen some improvement,tell the nurse your not happy with the meds,there are plenty of others to try
    It took me a few attempts to find the right medication,once your on the right one you will definitley know

Re: Is my medication working or not?

Thank you for replying After crying and begging to be seen by my psychiatrist he is going to take me off the clomipramine and try something else. Hopefully this time I will get the right medication

Thread Information