Thread: Health Anxiety Meds...

Health Anxiety Meds...

So, following my previous post, I've been to my doc to ask for a little bit of help, and he has prescribed Propanalol, which is a Beta blocker, blocking adrenaline.

Problem is, I am not sure how this will help as the physical symptoms I have, lightheadedness/feeling out of it etc are all there pretty much all the time not necessarily when I'm consciously anxious..

Has anybody else been prescribed Propanalol and had it work for health anxiety?

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Oops, just noticed there is a proper section for this :-/ Hopefully somebody can move it over for me!

Re: Health Anxiety Meds...

I got prescribed anxiety about two years ago, it helped with the overwhelming feelings of anxiety, it normally can take the edge off however I can't say it's helped with my health anxiety! X

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hi there. You must tell us all medications you are currently taking and you should try to describe best what is it that you approached you doctor with. Light-headiness and dizziness can be caused due to a broad range of reasons; not just because of anxiety.

Not taking anything at all except the propanalol now

Hi I find it takes the shakiness away and makes you not feel your heartbeat, makes me v tired though yet disturbs sleep. Doesn't take my dizziness and spaceness away. I've had all sorts of med tests all come back fine, that's why they putting my physical symptoms down to anxiety and depression as I have extremely low mood. I am 3 weeks into anti d now after trying for months to get over it with just propranalol. How have you been doing?

I don't really know :(

Some days I feel alright, but still not myself. Other days I just feel like crying because I don't know how to cope with the rest of my life :(

I'm not in a good place at the moment I don't think!

Sound like mood changes, also know as, sensitivity... Get some good SSRI, or even better, SNRI antidepressants. Their mechanism of action is in the inhibition of uptake of the mood-stabilizing hormone called serotonin in your brain. If you block its uptake, hence this thing will be not uptaken further (for further processing and consumption by the brain cell), then it stays there, it makes the nerve where it stays sitting blunt, hence no sensitivity, also know as, mood changes. Hoorah!!!!

Thread Information