Thread: Rectal pressure caused by anxiety???

Rectal pressure caused by anxiety???

Hi I am a 39 woman who last week had a large BM which caused a slight bleed and pain I went to gp who diagnosed anal fissure and told me to use anusol. As well as this I got some dulcoease which I started using and have now moved onto fybogel. I have been regular in a morning all through but now feel like I constantly need a BM. Im assuming this is all the extra fibre and really should stop taking but am worried. Feel a complete mess and cant thimk about anything other than havinh bowel cancer :-(

Re: Rectal pressure caused by anxiety???

I've been having similar trouble for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Started with a BM that felt like a sharp pain and there was a v small amount of blood. Nothing since and, like you I've been regular as normal every morning but still have this feeling of rectal pressure that feels like having a BM would ease it. I've also had a fair amount of itching so had wondered if it was down to haemorrhoids, and had wondered if that had been brought in by the horrid cough Id had along with a cold.
    Last time I had similar symptoms (though without the blood) I went to the doctor and she examined me and diagnosed fibroids, she said I had quite a large one that was pressing on things and was making me feel like I needed a BM (she even pressed on it internally - ew - and it made me feel like I was going to go, which was weird!). I'm also aware that this sort of feeling and plenty of things bowel related can be attributed to IBS/anxiety. Despite this all sounding perfectly logical it's not stopping me from thinking there's something sinister going on, which I know could be making the whole thing worse.

Thread Information