Thread: scared about my thoughts

Unhappy scared about my thoughts

Hell I'm new here and in a rut again. I've had many probs with intrusive thoughts I have had thoughts of harming my son to worry's of I'm going to be unfaithful this is the problem I have now and I'm struggling to cope.
    I'm 47 and happily married last week we unfortunately had to berry my father in law it was an emotional day and I had a lot to drink at the wake. Behind the bar was a lady and like most men I looked at her as she was OK.
    I spoke to her nothing sexual or flirty and I left thinking nothing of it. But when I woke up I was completely shocked by my thoughts of really fancying her. Since then I keep thinking I am going to this club to see her and I can't budge the thought.I'm really worried as everything seems to be driving me mad. I'm not looking forward to Xmas. Please please help

Thanks dean

Re: scared about my thoughts

hi. i have the same feeling as well.. well its just anxiety that makes you think you are fancy of her... no doubt the girl may be attractive to many others but do bear in mind that, its the nature of men! nothin to be worry about. this feeling will fade off after a few days later eventually after you had forgotten how she looked like.

Thanks for the reply I just can't get it off my mind its driving me nuts. I've suffered with other thoughts that made me have a breakdown and I was under a phychatrist and psychologist. Its just so scary to think u could lose everything in a second

just tell yourself that dont worry it will never happen.... all the thought u having are negative... just keep telling yourself to do and think the positive side.

Hi,

I have been here as well. Look at your past and you will see that it is not part of who you have been or are. This is just the anxiety fooling you by challenging your belief system. Try as hard as you can to live with the feeling/thought. Don't give it much attention apart from an acknowledgement that it is there. Then just remind yourself that you will feel / think this until your anxiety has subsided.

The drinking that day probably aggregated it so try to lay off alcohol and caffeine for a while.

Also, if possible, when the thoughts are strong go for a walk. I find if I walk for 30 minutes it really helps (the first 5 minutes though may still be tough).

Hope this helps,

Thankyou so much I will try.

You might find some interesting points in this thread http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160638 where the OP suffers from something similiar which has been discussed at length. If not, perhaps its someone who can understand how the thoughts are affecting you?

Thread Information