Thread: digestive issues PLEASE RESPOND

digestive issues PLEASE RESPOND

Ive begun to realize i have sensitivity to gluten. Can anyone tell me if you can be sensitive to some products with gluten and not sensitive to other gluten products. Like a partial gluten sensitivity? I dont have celiac disease. Need. Response as soon as possible. Thank You!

Re: digestive issues PLEASE RESPOND

What made you realise you are sensitive to gluten? Self diagnosis is always a bit dodgy, and since you think you are only sensitive to some but not all gluten products then perhaps it isn't gluten sensitivity at all.

Also, people will answer your posts if you give them time. Try to have a little more patience. Take care.

ISB x

What products do you seem sensitive to? Maybe it is not the gluten but something else commonly paired with it. Try tracking with a food diary if you havent already.

Hi,

I have to agree that I think that is is important to really be sure you are senstitive to gluten, as it can be misleading if not absolutely confirmed as a gluten intolerance.

You may have a wheat intolerance....or an intolerance to fibre.....or an intolerance to certain foods which are triggering your digestive issues.

I tried a gluten free diet last year. I self-diagnosed (stupidly)...well not even that really, I just had bad IBS and thought 'well why the hell not? It's worth a try'.

I felt better within weeks of doing it, I had more energy, my digestive/bowel issues calmed down and I felt generally better, but within a month I developed a lump on my thyroid gland. Now that lump was eventually diagnosed as a thyroid cyst, but I am convinced (though doctors were not) it is related to my dietary changes. It is absolutely INCREDIBLE just how many foods contain gluten. You are talking about a HUGE overhaul of your diet, and you will not be able to eat many, many foods... it is a big change.

What one has to be aware of with going gluten free is that you will be cutting out nutrients too.....a lot of B vitamins come from wheat, and you cannot have any wheat products. You will have to supplement/make up for these deficits.

Elimination diets seem like a great idea, but they also shouldn't be undertaken unless there is a diagnosed reason to do so and without good info, as you can lose a lot of essential vitamins and nutrients at the same time.

I am not sure about a partial sensitivity. I have never heard of that. I think that if your are intolerant you are totally intolerant from what I have researched myself, and have distinct reactions to all gluten, but I cannot swear to that. It is something you would have to discuss with your doctor maybe.

Thread Information