Thread: can you have health anxiety to the point you dont believe you have it

can you have health anxiety to the point you dont believe you have it

so im doing cbt so soon im guessing ill have to give up the forums had two sessions so far been great accept the symptom sheet is no longer fitting my symtoms ! and my cbt worker says im not even that bad she has seen far worse !
    arghhh health anxiety brakedown here cause my heads puzzled !!
    right so 3 months iv had a very random breathing problem it comes when it pleases lasts a second or a couple of seconds and iv put it in so many posts now and been to doctors about 5 times !
    they are not panic attacks they last seconds iv had panic attacks for years and years ....
    i was having panic attack like: body shaking heart racing cant breath feeling ,running around like a headless chicken even resulting in sitting outside in the rain to calm down .

can anxiety make you believe you haven't got it ?
    can anxiety cause symptoms throughout the day even when not anxious ?
    can you have anxiety without panic attacks with previous history of panic attacks ?
    has anybody's anxiety changed symptoms ?

i have accepted anxiety i feel i understand it and i realise how silly i was before when i used to panic around but i feel so down when the doctors turn to me and say its still anxiety i still have anxiety i know i will never get rid of it but iv accepted it so much but they still feel the need to ignore me and say anxiety straight away .

Re: can you have health anxiety to the point you dont believe you have it

you can have anxiety waiting to see if you have the winning bid on an ebay item.
    you can have anxiety about seeing your mother.
    you can have anxiety about burning the dinner!

panic attacks are most often brought on by anxiety.

health anxiety is being overly concerned about symptoms that you may or may not have that cause you greater concern than is necessary. sometimes it can be your brain over monitoring your body, like paying too much attention to your heart beat or your breathing and exaggerating what you are actually experiencing to the point of having a panic attack.

if you think about it then you have the potential to make it happen.

if you think that your heart is racing then you will probably start to make your heart race. if you think that you have breathing difficulties then you too can cause that. ...at least the sensation of that without there having to be an actuall physical reason.

it is basically your brain taking over your natural function once you have 'looked into' too much.

health anxiety can be about having an actual illness that is causing worry or it can be about thinking you have a serious condition where there is none.

your anxiety can leave you like a puff of smoke. i had a 10 year break without a single panic attack. the anxiety returned and so did the panic attacks-though not as intense and i think that is down to your brain accepting that they are nothing really to fear.

i think fear is the issue really. the world around us is intentionally portraying images of fear to us. whatever happened to the happy news stories?

the government, the media purposely keep us suspended in a state of fear to subdue us and keep us all under control and look to them to save us from the bogeyman, be it financial crashes, environmental or energy issues, illness, terrorism-you name it-they do it to you. just to scare you.
    i think that is why we fear more these days-because we are fed it 24/7 through the media. if you never knew what a tv was, what a phone or computer was...i dont think you would have a fraction of the mental suffering that we deal with today.

my CBT did not work because i defiantly addressed these issues.

to me she had been brainwashed and was employed to brainwash others and get them accept negative aspects of 'reality' that to me are very much a creation of the government spin doctors and the media.

what benefit do you get knowing that so and so murdered so and so over something or other because...etc etc. the emphasis with the media is always to create fear and negativity and then occasionally appease you with something to make try make you feel better when it is instrumental for the powers that be.

completely off point sorry : / a large part of stopping anxiety becoming panic attacks was for me to accept reality and not the shallow manipulative version performed by the media and parroted by the zombies. loose the fear-smash your tee vee : )

oh my god ! not off point at all i so agree with you .
    that was a perfect enough answer and even made me giggle abit because you ranted on just like i would it.
    thanks

yeah basically we are all nuts living on planet controlled by self serving power addicted satanists who scare us into being grateful for having the right to breath the air that they poison : )

ahem..

but we are not alone at least

Thread Information