Thread: Haven't been this low in a long while..

Haven't been this low in a long while..

I really haven't been this low in quite a while.. I don't know what to do with myself.. I'm scared every minute of the day and now, I have tonsillitis. It's not that, that's scaring me because I understand it is obviously not life threatening as I've had it before and I was okay in the end. I got some penicillin on Friday and over the weekend I've been through hell and back. I've been suffering terribly with lower back pain which has scared me because I never had that before. It's also hurting my legs and pelvic sometimes so, I went back to the doctors today and he's gave me stronger tablets because he said they should have gone down by now, but they've got larger.. which is fair enough and I asked about this back pain and he didn't seem that concerned about it at all, he just said, that it's possible it's just how my body is reacting with this tonsillitis but I've never been in so much pain I just want to curl up into a ball and cry. He said, I should start to feel better by 48 hours.

This back pain is really making me fret and because I'm so low, I've gone off my food, I've lost about half a stone within 3 days and I just don't know how to be positive about this whole thing. It's making me feel worse, knowing Christmas is nearly here, I'm really not looking forward too it

Re: Haven't been this low in a long while..

I used to get recurring tonsillitis when i was a teenager and believe me it made me ache all over.Its a horrible thing to have so it will make you feel very poorly,once the tablets kick in you should be ok.The positive is that you will get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndy View Post
    I used to get recurring tonsillitis when i was a teenager and believe me it made me ache all over.Its a horrible thing to have so it will make you feel very poorly,once the tablets kick in you should be ok.The positive is that you will get over it.
    This is the second time I've had it in 4 months, never ever had it before August then I randomly got it, which took me by surprise! I must have had it good the first time around because I never ached, just a bad throat :/ this time around I feel crippled and I can't stop being sick. And I really hope so! Only had it since Thursday but I'm already fed up, I'm just not good with pain I guess :/ but thank you

Sorry to hear you're not feeling very well Little Miss Worry
    Please try to stay strong and please keep us updated xx

Quote Originally Posted by mary259 View Post
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling very well Little Miss Worry
    Please try to stay strong and please keep us updated xx
    I will do, thank you xx

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

my back is starting to get much worse, I'm so worried :(

I used to gargle salt water which really helped i also took ibuprofen which reduced the swollen tonsils
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndy View Post
    I used to gargle salt water which really helped i also took ibuprofen which reduced the swollen tonsils
    Good luck
    Thanks for the advice! Just worried that this ache is something seriously wrong now :(

Speaking from experience, I feel your pain! I have had so many tonsil / throat issues and I refuse to get my tonsils out due to surgery anxiety. Body aches and pains are totally normal during tonsillitis. They are also a normal side effect with anxiety. So it looks like you're 2 for 2, meaning the odds are even more in your favor.

Assure yourself by breaking it down.

1. You have tonsillitis. A side effect of tonsillitis is body / back aches.
    2. You are experiencing anxiety. A side effect of anxiety is body / back aches.
    3. The odds of of your symptoms being caused by something you are currently suffering from rather than something else is through the roof as they are symptoms of both.

Relax, soon it will be all over and you can have a good laugh at what you put yourself through. (I do it all the time)

Quote Originally Posted by galacticwonder View Post
    Speaking from experience, I feel your pain! I have had so many tonsil / throat issues and I refuse to get my tonsils out due to surgery anxiety. Body aches and pains are totally normal during tonsillitis. They are also a normal side effect with anxiety. So it looks like you're 2 for 2, meaning the odds are even more in your favor.

Assure yourself by breaking it down.

1. You have tonsillitis. A side effect of tonsillitis is body / back aches.
    2. You are experiencing anxiety. A side effect of anxiety is body / back aches.
    3. The odds of of your symptoms being caused by something you are currently suffering from rather than something else is through the roof as they are symptoms of both.

Relax, soon it will be all over and you can have a good laugh at what you put yourself through. (I do it all the time)

That's made me feel slightly better thank you! The reason why I'm getting so scared is because it hurts that much, I just think, well, it's got to be something serious. Considering I wasn't like this the first time around. That's why I'm freaking out so much about it. I honestly didn't think that back ache could be part of tonsillitis as well, when I told my doctor about this back ache he didn't really seem that concerned so if I'm honest it's made me feel worse about things and it mad me think, well how can it hurt my back this badly, when it's my tonsils that are the problem, it just didn't make sense to me at all :(

And yeah, because I'm so scared and anxious all of the time, anxiety could play a big part in it. I'm trying to calm down but I'm finding it quite difficult at the moment I guess :( but I'm going to try and relax, thank you so much

Thread Information