Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salty taste in mouth

Salty taste in mouth

I have had this salty taste in my mouth for a few days now and my lips feel tingly does anyone else get this???

I forgot to add i have just changed my water filter system.

It could be just the change of water but for you to elect to post on here to ask tells me you either think it's not or your anxiety is getting the better of you again so you doubt it is.

If I can make an observation I'd suggest that the feelings you have are anxiety feelings and your unconscious mind is just continuing to use the path of least resistance to get your attention.

In the same way your u.c mind will continue to do this because on some level it's doing good for you. Sounds cranky but it's just fulfillng it's job to do for you what you've asked it to!

By that I mean it's running the patterns in your mind that have been set. I don't mean you 'want' this to happen, moreover because of a thought, memory, belief, event etc that has been stored these are the results.

Each and every issue is a symptom not the cause. Stand back from the symptoms and you will see a pattern. When the time is right for you there will be a way for you to understand the beginnings of the symptoms and from that you'll be able to revisit and change the memory of the event.

Don't know whether that helps you

pls tell more

regards

brian

Actually that tells me nothing!! I am not stupid and i am not imagining it. Thanks anyway.

Is it salty or metallic?

Does this help...

Lack of appetite or taste, a ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’ smell or taste

What you feel:

Sometimes you just don’t feel like eating, or the thought of food is unappealing. Or, that even though you are eating, the food has no taste or is unsatisfying.

You have a persistent ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’ smell in your nose, or you taste it often and it’s not from your food or environment. Often it’s just there, but you can’t figure out why

What causes this:

Similar to the other stomach related symptoms, loss of appetite is a result of an upset stomach due to the sustained increase in digestive action. Loss of taste occurs because taste buds are nerves, and an over stimulated nervous system can send false signals to the brain which means that sometimes we can experience odd, dulled or incorrect sensory perceptions (since our receptive senses are controlled and interpreted by the nervous system). The loss of taste because of this miscommunication or misinterpretation by the over stimulated nervous does occur. This is another example of how we can receive incorrect or inaccurate sensory perceptions because of an over stimulated nervous system.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Thanks Nicola i am wondering if its oral thrush?

I had a problem with a salty taste in my mouth that lasted for weeks.
    Asked the doc and he checked me for sinusitus (sp) which I didn't have. Checked me for vitamin deficiency - he said B-12 and Zinc levels could be off.
    Turns out I was REALLY dehydrated!!! I live on Coca-cola (I'm ashamed to admit - lol) and just had to start drinking water (tasteless nasty stuff that it is!!!!!)
    The salt taste went away in 3 or 4 days.
    Hope it helps!
    xxx
    Sandy

Well ive been drinking loads of water due to a uti but have also just had a bad cold with sinusitis!!! Thanks Eeyorelover!!!

I'm glad I could help
    Hope you feel better real soon!!!!!
    xxx
    Sandy

Thanks from me too Sandy, I've had a running cold off and on for a few weeks and have a funny taste in my mouth which I think could be to do with my sinuses.

You also reminded me about drinking more cos at this time of year I can forget to do that. So ta mate

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Went to docs and she checked my mouth, no thrush!!! She thinks its cos of my cold and i agree but EL really put my mind at rest, thanx for that!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information