Thread: Emotionless? please help:(

Emotionless? please help:(

Ive had anxiety for months now and before that I did go through stages of depression however recently ive been feeling emotionless, like numb to the people who mean most to me! Not only that but to my thoughts and etc, I find it difficult to form a strong single thought. Ive been going out with this guy who at the beginning I really connected with and liked and now I feel empty, what is wrong with me? I know I do love him? I feel numb and I want to experience all the loved up feelings and emotions but I cant, someone please give me advice on how to get this to go please???? I dont want to ruin this�� its like today ive totally felt numb and like a zombie, I look at him and I feel empty, please help

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

any advice would be a great help, I dont know what to say or think literally

Re: Emotionless? please help:(

Are you on any meds for your anxiety/depression? Have you seen your GP? These are classic symptoms. I was the same, couldn't feel anything. Even watching TV or reading was a chore.

Make a GP appointment a.s.a.p

Take care

Sometimes this is known as apathy. It's very common and nothing to worry about. The simple reason is you've used up all your emotions... so they've run out! You have spent a long time expending your energy on anxiety and you're having a lull stage where your body needs a rest. In a way, this is a good thing if you can reassure yourself not to worry and stress. It doesn't need fixing, it's just the body having a rest.
    Your desire to feel love will bring it back eventually, just don't force anything for now. It's common at this time of year as well as we tend to feel run-down in mid winter.
    Just do boring stuff and try to smile every now and then in spite of your feelings.
    As for the fogginess in your thoughts, this will pass too and is also evident of feeling "spent". If you let yourself do boring, relaxing things then you give yourself a chance to recharge. Keep talking to people and smiling, the mind relaxes and heals when engaging with people.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thank you both so much, it means so much to me that you've both replied. No I am not on a lny meds and I don't want to be, I'm only 17, I just hope my emotions return atm I feel like this �� thank you both

Thread Information