Thread: More scared?

More scared?

I came on here for support and reassurance but I find that sometimes when I read posts they make me more nervous, as if I'm worried about getting the symptoms I've read about, lol. I swear that isn't normal..

Hi Issy - you're not on your own. Being relatively new theres been a lot of information to take in from a lot of previous posts. Theres quite a few I've started to read and just never finished as it make me think about things I hadn't before.

I've even stopped reading Claire Weekes book after only 14 pages, because she's describing things I haven't got and I'm worried to read about them in case I get them.

I know this is kind of a form of avoidance, but before I found this site I was terrible for looking up symptoms on the Internet, taking 2 and 2 and making 6.

Krakers.

Lol, it is kind of weird but I can't help it. Especially anything that mentions the words 'faint' or 'visual disturbance'! Gah.
    I guess it's just being a little paranoid?

Hi Issy

I feel the same. I had no problems with driving and then after reading about others experiences driving became an issue for me. I also become depressed when i read how long people have had their symptoms for.

Just remember we are all different and I have found although I have setbacks they are not as bad as when I first developed anxiety. I just have to believe the periods between setback gets longer and the set backs get shorter.

chillx

Hi issy,

I found it reassuring that i wasnt alone when i joined this site. There were people that were exactly the same as me. When i get symptoms of panic now i just think they are panic and that im not having a heart attack or a stroke. Sometimes i do think that maybe theyl be the real thing and i wont realise it.
    What helps me the most is reading the success stories on here. Its encouraging to know that we can get the better of our illness and go on to do the normal things we used to take for granted.

Take care
    LYNN xx

Thread Information