Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omega 3 - Who else benefits ( I Do )

Hi Brian - from what I've read so far there isn't an established RDA for Omenga-3. From the information you yourself provided, the International Cod Liver Omega-3 Foundation have suggested a Healthy Daily Intake (HDI) of 450mg (http://www.clo3.com/sources_equal/so...qual_index.php).

I can't say what the benefits / costs are to the human body of taking more than this, only that it seems to be agreed accross the board that this is a sufficient and significant amount.

Krakers.

yup, that's what they say and it does zip for me.

Also tesco sell their tabs as 1000mg - but I admit w/o rechecking I don't know whether any of that is filler.

Since it's just full of oil I don't think so however.

Overall results:
    Skin - better
    swearing - gone
    jumpy - gone
    sleeping - better
    thinking - clearer
    empathy - better (a few people might not believe that but it's true!)

And that's just the items I can think of.

Results of lower dose:

All the above - failed.

Don't know why - love to be MRI / Cat scanned to see what it does but I don't think a company will pay for that so just try and see what works 4
    rgds

brian

Hi,

Id like to start taking some omega 3 as I do beleive in all the benefits of it.

Thing is now I'm a bit baffled by all the ALA's and DHA's and which is the important one in helping with anxiety, does anyone know? I haven't read through the links that have been posted up yet so sorry if this is explained there.

Also the other thing is i am a veggie so if I take flaxseed oil caps for my omega 3 will it help with my anxiety as well as fish oil?
    I found some here on the healthspan site, do you think these would be any good?

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/pro...d=FLAX&ct=true

Thanks if you can help!

hi there the omega 3 tab (should) contain both AHA and DHA. As children our brains need a different ration of the two, as adults it changes so that's why there are two types out there.

Don't concern yourself with the ratio, I think all have the same.

If you've read my previous posts you'll see you need to not set too much heed by the RDA levels

BTW I have referenced this with someone else who has a Phd in Medicinal Chemistry so AFAK there's nothing intrinsically wrong with taking this stuff, it's just that as there's not big bucks in it the chemical coys don't push the stuff.

HTH

brian

Thanks Brian!

Ive read up a little bit about omega 3 and the flaxseed oil that I need to take only contains the ALA apparantely, but the healthspan site do an algae source capsule that contains the DHA for vegetarians, so I will definately be trying both of these at the end of the month when i have the money( christmas has drained me lol)

I wont worry too much about the RDA as just trying to work my head around the ALA's and DHA's is enough for me!
    Hey maybe the omega 3 will help my brain function better again!

Thanks again Brian, I'll keep you posted!
    x

good luck on the tabs.

Ref doses, as I'd mentioned back somewhere, I started on 1 per meal and I got a lot calmer, less prone to blowing up (swearing etc), but it didn't seem to do it for me.

I read some more and decided that a bit of self experimentation with a safe(?) material should be ok so I upped the dose.

thats why it's 3 x 3 x 1000mg / day for me. If I miss or stretch the gaps too far I can feel it - miss a whole day and the family feels it!

Wierd. I'd love for some doctor or 'recognised prof body' to say what I know is true wasn't working since then we could perhaps leverage it to get it tested to get 'proof'

The bummer is that whilst this could be a cost effective, safe, healthy and easily rolled-out way of helping people it doesn't make good TV so there are innefective, poorly costed but visually appealing progs out there. Not much tv watching people taking tabs and getting better is there?

Until then all I know is that it works 4 me and there's been some other feedbacks.

Basically it is necessary, can't be stored, doesn't get assimilated in sufficient quantities by western diet eaters and is cheap - the last one, compared to prescription drugs, should be important, but unless the medical profession can be presented with sufficient data to amend their formulary and dispencing books its going to be a case of 'pop those pills to cure those ills' for a long time still I guess.

keep us all posted.

regards

brian

Research also EPA. it works for me, also read the natural way to beat depression by professor puri.

my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened

is it ok along side meds.....i cant quite do the quit smoking yet but have knocked alcohol on the head for a while......
    switched to decaf tea...water...veg etc....longer walks for ma dogs (they are not amused)
    Ive been taking omega 3 for about a week no signs of improvement yet...im so reluctant to up my meds as i want to quite them eventually and manage drug free

HI DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY WILL BE OK WITH MEDS AND WORK THE SAME.I TAKE EFFEXOR AND ALSO TAKE VITAMIN B COMPLEX AND EVENING PRIMROSE OIL.ANYBODY ELSE TAKE WITH MEDS?THANKS TRACY

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure but I'm fairly sure I've read somewhere before that omega3 is ok and safe to take with meds.

There is some info here.

http://www.solgar.co.uk/healthnotes/...tentID=2843005

http://www.solgar.co.uk/healthnotes/...tentID=3241008

Also you could try asking your doctor or a pharmacist, they should be able to help you.

x

Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information