Thread: Positive thinking

Positive thinking

Hi there.

I'd just like to pick your brains please. Years ago I a attended a course which taught confidence and positive thoughts/affirmations. I chose a few which meant something and practised them. It felt very silly at first, but became easier and eventually I started to believe in them and become a more positive thinking person.

I feel I need to do this again but I'm not sure where to look for inspiration. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone use any? Can you think of any that could be useful? [^]

Thanks.

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Defintiely helps, at least with the whole focusing on the now side of things. i have a fantastic book called 'The Magic of your mind' by Al Koran. it's out of print now, but you can get it on ebay and some second hand bookshops. it's really fantastic - all about positive thinking and aprreciating things like colours, friends, family etc. Sounds really cheesy, but I love it!

Hi seeker.
    Thanks for your reply. I seem stuck for inspiration at the moment, i wll look up your suggetion on Amazon.

My counsellor says she will try to find info for me, but suggested I should try to think of some myself. I seem to have a mental block on that as that requires being positive about myself enough to think of something I don't believe in the first place! (if you see what I mean..) She was concerned when I said I do not believe in myself. I eventually changed it to I believe I can do some things. I need help! lol

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Hi Lisa,
    I too like positive affirmations but have trouble thinking of any.The one I use at the moment is 'I am who I am, and I am good enough. I accept myself completely'. I also use my signature which comes from the book 'Feel the Fear and do it anyway'. I hope this is the sort of reply you were hoping for.
    Take care
    julie x

Whatever happens I'll handle it !

Hi Julie.

Yes, thats just the thing. "I am enough" was one I remember from before. Whatever happens I'll handle it soundsd good too! Thanks.

Lisa.

hi lisa, i absolutely love 'dont sweat the small stuff' by richard carlson, and i always turn to it when i am feeling down as it has some really lovely simple lessons in it - im sure you would find inspiration for some positive affirmations in there. you can do a search inside on amazon.com, and see what all the chapters are - they give you a pretty good idea of what its all about.

let us know if you think of any good ones - im sure most of us could do with a bit more positivity

mag

Hi Lisa,
    This helps to calm my thoughts when Im feeling anxious.

'There is nothing to fear'.

I say this to myself over and over again when I cant get to sleep cos my mind's racing.Hope it helps others.
    Julie x

Whatever happens I'll handle it !

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and suggestions. I will try to practise them! :-)

Lisa.

Re: Positive thinking

Hey there,

If you are looking for positive affirmations I would suggest the website 'somethingfishy.com'. I know its an eating disorder website but there are pages of positive messages to give yourself.

Love XX

Re: Positive thinking

I think if I were standing in front of a woman who I thought was very attractive for not only her looks but also for her caring personality, I'd think the following.......

You appear capable of achieving anything
    You don't appear to fear anything
    You are Beautiful
    You are So Lovable
    You are So Caring
    I could kiss you All over
    I adore you
    You are Special
    You are So Precious
    You are So Attractive
    You're Gorgeous
    I love you for being YOU

It takes years of brainwashing to hate ourselves so much so it will take time to believe the above but perhaps if you stand yourself in front of a mirror and try to see yourself in your "true" light by saying the above to Yourself, maybe you'll see what's actually always been right in front of your very attractive face.

Thread Information