Thread: Is this a bullseye rash? Worried about Lyme Disease.

Is this a bullseye rash? Worried about Lyme Disease.

Hi, I'm back again and worried about whether this small rash on my arm is a bullseye rash, I've been worried about Lyme for a couple of weeks because it's symptoms mimic that of others, and anxiety symptoms tend to do that.

Just wondering if anwyone can give me any idea as to whether this is a bullseye rash or not. The pictures I've seen of bullseye rashes tend to be very large unlike this, and also very circular and keep to a pattern unlike this, but this is giving me mixed messages as to what it is. I've suffered from eczema since I was little, so a maybe it's just that. I've had this rash for around 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Is this a bullseye rash? Worried about Lyme Disease.

Have you been bitten by a tic? I wouldn't worry too much, i am sure you would be feeling unwell if it was anything sinisiter, there can be so many reasons for rashes and that doesn't look like a serious rash, i had an infected tic bite back in the summer, and i was unwell with it. If you are very concerned ask a doctor or a local pharmacist to have a look, but dont work yourself up over it xx

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma321 View Post
    Have you been bitten by a tic? I wouldn't worry too much, i am sure you would be feeling unwell if it was anything sinisiter, there can be so many reasons for rashes and that doesn't look like a serious rash, i had an infected tic bite back in the summer, and i was unwell with it. If you are very concerned ask a doctor or a local pharmacist to have a look, but dont work yourself up over it xx
    I can't remember getting bitten by a tick recently, and no I haven't felt unwell. Maybe it is just a rash, I'd like to get a doctor to look at it at some point, I might try and book in on the 28th.

It doesn't look like one to me, and if you haven't been bitten by a tick recently and don't live in an area prone to lyme (which you can look up online) the chances of it being that are really, really slim.

That said, if you do go to a doctor know that lyme in the early stages (which is when the rash shows up) is incredibly easy to treat. Just a round of doxy and you're all good!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information