Thread: poop time

poop time

my poop had gone back to normal but last few days I had some d! and then loose stools that keep floating with mucus is this normal on sertraline and diazampam?

Re: poop time

Quote Originally Posted by lukeneal26 View Post
    my poop had gone back to normal but last few days I had some d! and then loose stools that keep floating with mucus is this normal on sertraline and diazampam?
    I was on Sertraline (Zoloft) for about 6 months and yes, it can cause loose stools and part of that is mucous.

Positive thoughts and poo threads
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I am on week 2 of 50mg Sertraline and I have had loose stools too, I am normally a bit constipated so definitely noticed a difference. Hopefully it will settle down for you.

thanks guys didn't know you took sertraline fish! so when you was on about the restless legs and funny feelings im having you probably understand! ive not had a dark brown poo for weeks which I know is stupid but its kind of getting me down haha

Quote Originally Posted by lukeneal26 View Post
    thanks guys didn't know you took sertraline fish! so when you was on about the restless legs and funny feelings im having you probably understand! ive not had a dark brown poo for weeks which I know is stupid but its kind of getting me down haha
    Yeah... 100mg 1x daily for about 6 months along with therapy for depression after my 1st heart attack and bypass. It was a pretty rough time. The Sert helped but messed with my stomach. That was the only side effect I recall having. I didn't really notice anything different but others did. They saw a positive change in my attitude. It was when I ramped off of it did I realize I was drugged. Had some dizziness and insomnia for a bit. I have some chill pills now when needed but haven't used them in a long time. I've managed to keep the "scanxiety" in check and no issues with depression either. Despite physical issues, life is good

Stick with it. If you keep getting the stomach/bowel issues speak to your doctor. SSRIs are a fickle bunch of meds. Sometimes it takes a couple of different tries/meds/dosages to find what works best for you. Keep in mind that meds alone aren't a cure. They're merely a tool to help you on the healing path. That being said, some people need/use them as a maintenance therapy to keep things in check. My sister has GAD and has been on Prozac for nearly 10 years under that very reason.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

yea im on 100mg of sertraline and when I took it 3-4 years ago I don't think I was this bad but then again it was a long time ago! ive been making sure I go jogging every day now and still weigh my self every day which maybe is not helping but ive lost no weight in 2 weeks now gone up a few pound and down a few pound but stayed the same! just cant put it on! and im not skinny im 6 foot and 14.36 stone but I was 15.60 stone but was drinking a lot of beer and I stopped months ago! so maybe beer weight fell off! trying to be positive ive always had loose stools for many years maybe 7!

If you've had loose stools for 7 years and something was seriously wrong the likelihood would be you would know about it. Try not to worry. I home in on symptoms like this too, I know how difficult it is to try and get the idea out of your head.

Some people just seem to have loose stools in general anyway. My ex who I was with for years used to have this and he was absolutely fine. I find I get it after booze or rich food.

Thread Information