Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: side effects of meds and panicky

side effects of meds and panicky

I've been feeling a little off all day today. I take only 10 of citalopram. Its only been 17 days. They make me feel so jittery and anxious in the morning and now I feel like I'm going to have a bad panic attack. I've made it up in my mind to try to ride it out. But hating this feeling. And ready to ditch the meds.

Re: side effects of meds and panicky

i want to try meds to stop my anxiety but i here they have bad side effects??

Hi Just Be Me
    I'm 4 weeks in to escitalopram for severe anxiety. Dr started me off on 5mg then told me to up to 10mg from 27 Dec. I had hideous side effects, shaking, nausea, foggy head, poor concentration, depersonalisation etc when I started taking them which have reduced but didn't entirely go away. Since upping the meds I've felt foggier, more detached and frankly really scared that I will never get better. I have Dr appt next week and will ask for help. I have been signed off work all this time (can't function well enough to cope) - work stress started this particular anxiety but I don't want to be off too long - escitalopram worked for me 3 years ago...just want my life back!! Any advice would be appreciated :/

Im realizing that many would say that give it some time because it takes time for the meds to start to build up in your system enough to work. My only advice is to talk to the Dr that prescribed the meds and let him know that you just aren't tolerating it. I've decided myself to get off of these things. I was taking citalopram and they wanted me to take it short term. I'm reading that its hellish trying to get off of these meds because of withdrawals. It was at that point I decided to get off of these ASAP. Ill bravely deal with the panic attacks the way some have without meds and with the help of a therapist. (I have Xanax, if really necessary)

I've been taking Citalopram for almost 2 months now, my advise it to check out the medication sub for that medication specifically, you will find a lot of people posting about side effects, and there is also an amazing amazing amazing Citalopram survival guide.

In short, I went through all kinds of side effects the first month and a half, but it got better I'd say around week 5. My doctor had warned me though, and everyone I talked to online told me it'd been the same for them and it got better.

It got better for me too. Before deciding that the med is NOT good for you, you really need to let it do its thing. The side effects for now feel like the med is "not working" but they're side effects that will eventually stop and then you'll see whether or not the medication is actually helping you out. My doctor gave me a consult for 2 months after starting to discuss stoping it if I wanted to, he was adament that I couldn't decide if it was good or bad before that.

you have read the pros now read the cons...same drug lexapro

http://www.drugwatch.com/lexapro/

CourierDude I think it's time you stopped this! Googling drugs and symptoms is the worse thing!

Everybody is individual and you are not a Doctor! You have no idea as individuals what we discuss with our GPs and the reason why we take different medication.

All SSRIs are different and unless you have tried them all you can make no certainty on the Pros and Cons of each drug!

Posting your last message can send sufferers into a blind panic especially on a weekend when local GPs are not available, also at this time of night in Britain.

you worry about sending someone into a panic but dont seem to care that you are encouraging a life time of misery and drug dependence.

yeah im not googling drugs or symptoms.

i think its time that you stopped saying that it is ok to take ssri's just because your tired, thoughtless doctor has been programmed to sell them from his GSK funded manuals.

tell me, how do you scientifically differentiate between the effects of one ssri and another with any accuracy? i'll tell you-you need to survey 2 million people thats how.
    survey. observation, anecdotal evidence and statistics. not very scientific and very chancy. they are immeasurable, inaccurate and there is an inherent uncalculated risk in taking them. fortunately doctors are absolved of any responsibility as long as they follow the pharmaceutical company guidelines otherwise doctors would be very much more reluctant to prescribe them. ask your doctor.
    Last edited by courierdude; 04-01-15 at 00:06.

This forum is one for Anxiety and Panic and not for scaremongering about drugs

It is totally up to the individual person if they want to take a particular drug, in conjunction with their doctors it is a personal decision so please do not.

Please stop now, it is not helpful

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I have to say, I feel so much better coming down off of the citalopram. It just wasn't for me.I had taken cymbalta in the past with no problems except for the first couple of days. I came off of them abruptly to with no issues. Zoloft isn't for me either. I was taking them for depression. It truly is an individual makeup on how these are tolerated. As for me, the less chemicals the better. I'm going to tough it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information